1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S FRANCHI 530 AUTO

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by kyle Chamness, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle Chamness

kyle Chamness TS Member

0   0   0

does it have a shell catcher?kyle

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

They came with a shell catcher. Interesting choke tubes, held in with a couple allen head screws.

Do you happen to have any info for a source of parts? I need an action bar for one of these.

HM

3. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

All parts should be available thru "NUMRICH"

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

0   0   0

You can get tighter choke tubes for this gun they are interchangeable

5. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

CLEAN GUN, I've seen it it looks good and sort of a neat way to do the choke...

6. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I bought this gun, I'd use it for doves and forget using it for trap except on occasion. When you look at the gun like that, it's a great bargain.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It's military look makes it a great little conversation piece.

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

0   0   0

I had one of them once many years ago and sold it to a friend ok must not had been a good friend because he never paid me for it ok later I found out he was in to drugs and probably sold it for more drugs.

Ok I wanted 275.00 for the gun and it had a release trigger in it I didn't know it had a release until the first shot of doubles at the grand american in Vandila Ohio becauase my gun was broke and I went in and bought a cheap auto to shoot doubles with.

Well I went to call for my first pair of doubles and the trigger wouldn't work uintil I let off of it that was my first time I had shot a release trigger and I was suprised what had just happened.

Anyway I broke in the high 70's out of 100 and at the time that was as good as I was.

Well just want to say anyone that is intersted in this gun then it is a softer shooter than a Remington 1100.

Foghorn !

10. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

Good price....RC

11. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

12. 7771

7771 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Does it have a case? and would it be a good doubles gun?
    Thanks Tommy

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

If anybody wants a HEAVY WEIGHT auto doubles gun...this certainly fits the bill. Heaviest auto you will ever shoot, in a trap version anyway. It's an absolute tank.

14. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

0   0   0

It shoots with very "LITTLE" recoil as well, I shot it...smooth as butter!!!

15. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I owned one of these when they first came out in the mid seventies. Mine had a full fixed choke with MC stock. Very soft on recoil, less than an 1100. It had a very smooth, precision sort of sound when the action cycled. Seemed like a quality piece. I shot it better at 16 yd than any other gun I ever tried (98.9 on 2600 reg ATA singles).

Now the bad: Guns could not keep a bolt follower fork in one piece (the bar that pushes the bolt back to the closed, ready to fire position). This was a known problem and the distributor sent me six replacements all at once so that I could keep the gun running. They would last anywhere from 50 to 500 shots. I believe production on this model stopped before improvements were made. I had a useable replacement made combining parts of a Franchi and a Super X-1 fork. It seemed to work well and I then regretfully sold the gun.

I thought hard about buying this gun but when I checked with the NUMRICH web site this part was not available. If this gun could be kept running I would buy it without hesitation, but based on past experience I have doubts.

No bones to pick. Just thought I would share my experience with this model.

Marc

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

I too considered this gun as I shot one about the same time that Marc did.

I still think it is or was the best handling s. auto made.

I never owned one but one other problem was the choke screws would loosen and the choke tube went out with the shot.

We had one do this and never found the tube. Factory replaced it free.

Possibly Whiz White may have some connections in Italy that could make some parts.

Probably expensive though.

Regards....Gerald

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If the factory had only fixed the few bugs, this could very well have been the king of the autoloaders.

I shot mine well also, and it really hit the targets well. The stepdown at the front bead made it very easy to shoot.

In another economy I'd make an offer.......although I have 7 1100's.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
franchi 500 shotgun reviews
franchi 530
franchi 530 review

franchi 530 reviews

franchi 530 trap gun

franchi 530 trap review

franchi 530 trap shotguns for sale
franchi model 530 semi auto shotgun