1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S FOR MYRTLEWOOD LOVERS REDUCED AGAIN

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Lotsa requests lately for more Myrtlewood blanks in shotgun sets only. We are continuing to photograph, measure and price the first of the Myrtlewood sets that will be going up on the website. In the interin, I thought I'd give my fellow TSers a first shot at a few of the beauties that have finally come out of the racks and are dry and ready to work. All of the pictured five blanks will be supplied with a closely matching forend with the same color, stripe and figure. I'll list the measurements of each blank in between the pictures of the right and left sides of the blank as well as the price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two left side views of #520. Measures 20" long, 7 3/4" tall at butt, 4" tall at receiver and 2 1/2" thick. Beautiful combination of tapestry and burl figure throught the butt giving way to shimmering fiddleback through the inlet area. Excellent symmetry side-to-side and strong layout. Price is $375.00 REDUCED TO $295.00, REDUCED TO $250.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two right side views of #520 clearly showing the symmetry side-to-side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two left side images of #511. Lots of birds-eye burl in the butt section giving way to straight grain runout through the inlet area and wrist highlighted by fiddleback figure. Very nice symmetry with a little patch of silver creeping into the inlet area. Measures 19.5" long, 7 1/2" tall at butt, 4" tall at receiver and 2 1/2" thick. Price is $395.00 REDUCED TO $295.00 REDUCED TO $250.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two pics of #511 right. The quilted tapestry background is insane throughout both sides of this blank. The tiny birdseye burl is not common in Myrtle like it is in Maple, making these two unique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#526 right side images. This is a monster blank with a smattering of birdseye under undulating stripe with a two color base and fiddleback completing the wrist and inlet areas. The stripe will finish with a dark green hue. Measures 20" long, 8 1/4" tall at the butt, 5" tall at the receiver and 2 1/2" thick. This monster will handle all applications for all shotguns. Price is $450.00 REDUCED TO $345.00 REDUCED TO $295.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#526 left images. The different color bands in this blank will be very dramatic.

The next two blanks are Blood Myrtle, so named because the color stripe running through them is a very distinctive blood red. Myrtlewood is one of the few gunstock woods that will show red that is as bright as these. I bought these seven years ago and just pulled them from the drying racks in May. Earlier this year I bought a massive Myrtlewood log that yielded almost 100 Blood Myrtle blanks that will be ready to go at the end of 2012. Both of these are stable and dry and ready to work for those of you who have to have one now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two pics of B-7 right. While looking at the picture, move your head right and left and note how the fiddleback and shimmer change in your vision. The burl patch is a deep red which flows through the butt area nicely. B-7 measures 20" long, 7 1/2" tall at the butt, 4" tall at the receiver and 2 3/4" thick. Price is $495.00 REDUCED TO $395.00 AND IS SOLD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B-7 left side views. Salmon, red and dark red stripe flows beautifully over the quilted shimmer in the striking golden background of this blank.

Yes, I saved the best for last!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three images of B-9 left side. Yes, the stripe, flow, color and burl are all that striking!! I don't gush a lot but this one almost can't be looked at in the sunlight. A very dramatic and unique blank that'll never be duplicated. Monster measurements at 24" long, 8" tall at the butt, 4" tall at the receiver and just a hair under 3" thick. Price is $695.00 REDUCED TO $595.00 AND IS SOLD.

[​IMG]

I had to include this view of B-9 to illustrate the incredible density of this blank. Count the number of annular lines in just under three inches of thickness. Very dense, very heavy and will take the finest checkering that any artist can dream of executing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three images of B-9 right side, just because it's so pretty. For those of you who aren't afraid to stray from the traditional, Myrtlewood is a very dense gunstock wood with great working characteristics and a broad range of colors, stripes, figure and shimmer. If you're ready to Walk on the Wild Side, let me know by email at the above address. I'll pick up the shipping as long as you don't beat me up too bad on the prices. If you want two or more of these, I'll take a little beating. Let's talk.

Thank you for looking and Good Shooting,

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

0   1   0

I like my stock Mike did me good. Tom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

TW,

Amazing how that one-sided blank turned out to be almost completely two-sided. I called this blank "Victor-Victoria" because one side was completely Tiger striped while the other showed almost no Tiger at all.

[​IMG]

Original blank left side - complete coverage.

[​IMG]

Right side with almost nothing black showing. I knew it was in there and with skilful positioning on the duplicator by the stockmaker, you see the result.

Thanks for the finished pictures.

Mike Mann

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Up for Sunday.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I know you're all out shooting, so thought I'd catch your attention with a couple price reductions. For two or more from this list, we can talk.

Mike Mann

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Final reductions posted on the first three blank sets. I'll keep these prices through the weekend (6-19) then they're back to MSRP, up on the website and off TS.com. B-7 has been spoken for and has been marked SOLD.

Mike Mann

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

B-7 and B-9 are now sold. Let me know by email if interested in any of the other three. I'm willing to talk.

Regards,

Mike Mann

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

I'm glad to see you've got your site up and running. These are beautiful pieces. I find it hard to believe they are not all sold. #526 is beautiful. Hmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.