1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: FLODMAN O/U GAME GUN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by map@neo, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map@neo

map@neo Member

Flodman stainless/titanium o/u, 12 ga. 28" brls. Factory chokes tubes.
    Straight grip with cast off. Weighs 7# on the nose. Ever see one? E-mail
    for details and photos. Thanks
    MAP

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Not to rain on your parade but 7 lbs. is not what I call a game gun. I hunt birds every season starting in Montana in early Sept. for Huns and sharptails, Kansas in November for wild Bobwhites and the rest of the season in my home state of Arizona till approx. Feb. 8th. Thats five months of bird hunting.

I hunt on the average of 3 to 4 days a week with my 5 bird dogs. NONE of my guns or any of my hunting buddys hunt with a gun that weighs over 6 lbs., most under 6, that is what we call a game gun, not a 7lb boat anchor. And yes we do alright with these guns, we average killing 400 birds EACH every season. All birds hunted are wild, nothing pen raised.

I also consider myself to be gun savy but I have never heard of a Flodman till now. It is a Swedish made gun of stainless steel. You should call it what it is, a field gun or a duck gun. A game gun it is not.

Tom Strunk

3. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

Uh, sorry Tom, but after swinging around a 9 1/2 lb. trap gun for years, a 7 lb gun is a wisp. I can hardly shoot a gun that weighs less than 7 lbs. I prefer about 7 1/2 to 8, that includes desert quail hunting.

British game guns (most designed when 2" shells were standard equipment) are usually in the 6.5 lb category, plus or minus a couple ounces. Firing a late model 2 3/4" shell in a sub-six pound gun lends new meaning to the word "flinch".

Everybody's definition of appropriate size and weight is different.

You couldn't give me a gun that weighed six pounds.

4. map@neo

map@neo Member

Tom, you failed to state what gauge you are shooting at those tiny little
    creatures. If it happens to be a 12 ga. you should ashamed to even mention it.
    Now, a 5.5 to 6# 28 gauge is my concept of a light "game gun". Of course, some
    hunters require a fist full of shot to hit something !!! Good shooting. MAP

5. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

We shoot almost exclusively the 20 gauge with 7/8 oz loads of 7's ( not 71/2's )

We are not road hunters. After we select a likely spot we strap on our vests with at least a gallon of water, shells, first aid, Sport Dog 1850 2-dog transmitter used for finding the dog, set on point only, no electricity to shock the dog, Garmin Rino 130 for two way radio and GPS ( it all weighs 17 lbs. ) and start walking. We average, according to the GPS, walking between 4 to 6 miles per day.

Maybe 10% of the time I will shoot my 28 gauge gun with 3/4 oz Winchester Super Sport 71/2's or Federal Premium 6's. NEVER A 12 GUAGE.

See you out there.

Tom Strunk

6. romie

romie Active Member

Mx/Mt seems to be the winner here.If you have a lot of time to shoot like Tom go for the small 20.If not go for the 12's you can still shoot lite or heavy and carry a compass and leave the Garmin at home this would save you a lb.
    Monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

flodman shotgun for sale