1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S FIVE SHELLFLAME MAPLE BLANKS NEW F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

For those of you who are looking for exceptional maple blanks with shellflame figure for a future project, please look at the pictures below. I recently did some financial consulting for a friend who didn't have much money (hence the consulting) but was long on really top of the line Shellflame Maple. Since I still need to rack up about 6000 more Walnut blanks, I don't want to put these up in the drying racks. My loss, your gain.

All five of these are 36 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt and between 2 1/2 and 3 inches tall at the muzzle. All have been air drying only for six months and are between 30% and 34% moisture, which is why "future project". Since Big Leaf Maple dries very quickly, I estimate that these blanks will be at or below 12% moisture and ready to work within 18 to 24 months. Definitely not now. There are three different thicknesses so I'll define the thickness and the price under each set of pictures.

The 8" measurement at the butt and the thickness on 4 of these will be plenty big enough to handle offset and toe-out as well as heads-up mount on the most radical shotgun design. The first confirmation by number to the email address above will be the proud new owner. I'll mark each picture sold as I get the confirmation. All questions to the email address above.

IMG_2520.jpg?

IMG_2523.jpg?

M1 has great complete coverage with a hint of red at the top of the blank. It is 2 1/2 inches thick and the price is $175.00.

IMG_2529.jpg?

IMG_2530.jpg?

M2 is a fantastic irregular shell blank that opens and fades a little out in the forend. A super shotgun set also 2 1/2 inches thick priced at $165.00.

IMG_2506.jpg?

IMG_2510.jpg?

M4 has very tight figure through the first 20 inches, then opens up to a more sinewy look through the forend area. There is an area of figure weakness at the back of the right side for about three inches. 2 3/4 inches thick and priced at $165.00.

IMG_2545.jpg?

IMG_2546.jpg?

M6 has the weakest figure of the set and is priced accordingly at $135.00. 2 3/4 inches thick.

IMG_2547.jpg?

IMG_2548.jpg?

M9 is a pure blond stunner with great symmetry side to side and she's a little thinner than the others at 2 1/4 inches. Priced at $185.00. SOLD PRF.

Please add $15.00 to the price which will cover about half of the shipping cost. White Creek Gunstock Blanks will cover the rest. Pick any two from this group of five and take ten percent off your total - shipping excluded. Email with any questions to the address above. Thanks for looking.

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS Your Myrtlewood (and sometimes Maple) Source

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Pat,

Got both. M9 is sold pending receipt of funds. I'll mark it in the thread.

Thanks, Mike Mann

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

4. rocktire

rocktire Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

these still up

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

M-1, M-2, M-4 and M-6 are still available and looking for a home where they will complete their drying. I have an M-7 and M-11 blank from the same batch which will each go for $175.00. Email me for pictures if interested in 7 and/or 11. Since M-6 is so plain compared to the rest of this run, I'll let it go to the first 99 dollar bill that makes a commitment. As a reminder, these are at 25% to 30% moisture and will take 12 to 18 months to complete drying unless you live on a houseboat.

If you'd like to make an offer on two or more from this batch, I'm willing to entertain the discussion at the email above. Maybe even a trade, but not for different wood.

Thanks for looking,

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
flame shell maple
shell flame gunstock blanks

shell flame maple

shellflame hard maple blanks