1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Federal 12S1 wads 12 ga Offers?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bewmetal, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have 194 bags of Federal 12S1 wads for sale

great for reloading Federal papers and Campion II, Remington/Peters RXP hulls

will throw in 750 Federal Champion II hulls

all in great condition

thanks

Brett

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

0   0   0

That's about double what they sell for.

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Is that the wad for Champion II cases (no longer in production)or large base for straight wall case?

4. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Brett, I have not heard back from you on the 410/28 gauge hulls you said you wanted. I am going to list them for sale if I'm unable to get confirmation. I've sent several PM's but no response since you said "I'll take em, get me a total". Lemme know as I wont be back on the computer till Monday. JW

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

0   0   0

bewmetal:

I've loaded a ton of Federal 12SO and 12S3 wads. It's been a while but I also loaded 12C1 wads back when.

12S1 doesn't ring a bell. What is it's niche?

sissy

6. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

these wads work with:

Remington RXP
    Peters RXP
    Federal Champion II
    Federal Paper

thanks

Brett

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The 12s1 was for tapered cases, for the Champion case. I think the only one Federal made. They work good in any tapered case but to many wads on the market do the same thing.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

Loaded a ton of these when I was loading the Champion 2 cases 20+ years ago. Good Hull good wad.

Tom

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the education.

sissy

10. A201

A201 TS Member

0   0   0

The 12C-2 had a black over powder base, and was made solely for the champion II cherry red plastic hull. It will not work well in any other hull. The 12C-1 had a red over powder base for the straight wall fed paper. Roger

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

How can that be twice the price when they haven't been made for years? Where else can I buy some for half that?

That's about as smart as your usual.

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

They are old wads and if not stored properly, they will turn brittle. You really need to try one by bending the petals back and see if they break off.

Ajax

13. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

How about telling us how they would have to be stored to become brittle. I'm sure Federal would be interested.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Heat-a hot attic will do it. They may even smell funny. Not unusual for old wads!!

15. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

16. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

One way is the heat in the attic. Another is if they were taken out of the original box and put where light could reach them. Some of the older wads where made out of different stuff than we use now. I believe the early ones were mostly made of polyethylene, which light and heat will deteriorate rapidly.

BTW Federal doesn't have to be told about it, they already know. Federal and Winchester both had trouble with their wad composition in the early plastic years. Federal changed the compounds and Winchester tried to shield theirs in boxes but even they had to finally change.

Two years ago I bought two boxes of 12s1's from a gentleman that had stopped shooting. One box was open and one was still sealed. Of course I loaded out of the open box. I had all kinds of trouble. Funny sounding loads, some barely made it out the barrel. I could see shot in the air and it looked like raw powder in the barrel. I had not checked the wads very close when I did the petals broke off and the shot cup would collapse under finger pressure. I checked the other case and they were fine. I called the guy and asked about the one case. He told me he had them set most of them out of that box in his reloading room, and they had been there for some time.

Ajax

17. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

These wads where Stores in a guys house and they look and feel like brand new
    wads

18. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

federal 12s1 wads