1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S ENGLISH WALNUT SOLD F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

My young cutter and I just finished shipping a significant order of fantastic Royal Walnut to Australia and it's time to pay attention to the domestic responsibilities again. For me that means tending to the fruit orchard and re-surfacing a 1/2 mile country lane. For my miller, it means getting his living quarters finished so his wife and two young daughters can be comfortable in their own digs.

He has asked me to present three of his excellent stock blanks to TSers for your viewing pleasure. All three are part way through the air-drying process, but will NOT be ready to carve for two years (English) or three years (Royal).

I will show both sides of each with a brief description including measurements and price. Since they are still wet, the prices will reflect about 1/2 of the price each will demand when dry. Regardless the performance of the markets, it's always a good time to buy stocks!! Here we go:

IMG_2913.jpg?t=1282110641

IMG_2914.jpg?t=1282111765

This is a striking Royal Walnut blank with "Moonscape" burl patches in just the right places. This one measures 32 1/2 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 3 3/4 inches tall at the muzzle and a full 2 3/4 inches thick. It will make a stunning rifle or a great 2-piece shotgun because the burl patches are fore and aft of the grip area. Great deep colors with a band of gold through the center straight grain area of the blank. Price on this one is $325.00. This is August 17 burl blank and it is SOLD.

IMG_2916.jpg?t=1282112264

IMG_2919.jpg?t=1282112375

This is a Franquette English Walnut 2-piece set with ample dimensions for any application. The blank was flat sawn and will show very striking marbling as the corners are rounded in the shaping process. Sharp black line is evident immediately below the surface on the right side, and a subtle burst of fiddleback shows on both sides of the blank in the middle. Measurements are 23 inches long, 7 5/8 inches tall at the butt, 4 3/4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/4 inches thick. The forend blank measures 14 1/2 x 3 1/8 x 2 3/4. This set is REDUCED TO $350.00 Tuesday and Wednesday only and I'll pick up the shipping. If you've been looking at this one, now is the time to move. This is August 17 English blank and is SOLD PRF.

IMG_2906.jpg?t=1282113021

IMG_2910.jpg?t=1282113122

Lace burl in Royal Walnut is very rare. Lace burl through the meat of the blank with straight grain through the wrist is even rarer. This blank measures 20 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/8 inches thick. The forend blank is 13 x 3 1/8 x 2 3/4. There may be small bark inclusions or voids which are characteristic of lace burl in any wood and may require filling. Because this one is a little thinner than our standard blank, price is $290.00. This is August 17 lace blank which is SOLD.

Steven has given me the authority to deal with multiple piece buyers on his behalf as he isn't comfortable yet dealing with the general public. Please plan to add $20.00 per set for UPS shipping and respond to the email address above. First time stamp gets the first shot. Steven doesn't want to part with these three but seeing his lovely wife cooking breakfast in the new kitchen will ease his pain a little.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

August 17 Lace Burl has been sold.

Mike Mann

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

August 17 Moonscape burl has been sold. The only thing that's standing between Steven and a good home-cooked breakfast is the Franquette English blank. You'all should be getting your Lewis checks from the Grand about now and a beautiful English blank would be a great place to put that money before you blow it on something crazy like a registered shoot this weekend.

Steven has asked me to auction another Myrtlewood blank on TS.com to show his appreciation for your support of his family. As soon as this English blank is spoken for, the Myrtlewood will be posted with all proceeds going to David and the site.

Mike Mann

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Steven says take the English set down to $350.00 for two days only, then it goes back in the racks for a couple summers. First confirmed buyer at the email above owns this beauty and I'll pick up the shipping!

Mike Mann

6. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

English blank is sold pending receipt of funds. As promised, this sale opens the way for me to contribute another Myrtlewood blank to an auction for the benefit of Trapshooters.com.

I'll pick a blank tomorrow, Friday, August 27, plane and edge it, dress it up pretty and get a couple pictures in the sunlight. You should see the auction late Friday night.

Steven thanks everyone who looked and, by their purchases, helped him finish the kitchen in the new apartment. His wife thanks everyone, too.

Be looking for the Myrtlewood!!

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.