1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S ENGLISH WALNUT AND MYRTLEWOOD REDUCED

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

In the process of populating the website with pictures and thought I'd take a breather and offer some English Walnut and Myrtlewood to the TS.com audience. Mostly pictures, but there will be a little narrative. The first offering is Franquette English Walnut that is almost two years dry and will require the rest of 2011 in your location to be fully dry and acclimated to your environment. This shotgun set currently measures between 16 and 19% moisture and must be given another six to nine months to complete the drying process.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two shots of each side of Franquette English blank M. The symmetry side-to-side is awesome as are the colors - reds, browns - and there is a subtle fiddleback that shows all through the blank. Measurements are 20" long, 8" tall at the butt, 5 1/4"tall at the receiver and 2 5/8" thick. The layout is perfect. Shipped with a matching forend blank, this stunner is priced at $550.00, REDUCED TO $450.00 for the Holiday Weekend. Blank is stable but not yet completely dry and should be targeted for an early 2012 project.

Now for a couple Myrtlewood sticks that will definitely cause a reaction:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How about a Myrtlewood full rifle with macro black line and a waterfall figure backed by a bees-wing fiddle throughout the whole blank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right and left closeups showing the bees-wing that's hiding just under the surface.

[​IMG]

This beauty will make a truly unique rifle or shotgun with ample measurements of 36" long, 7 1/2" tall at the butt, 2 3/4" tall at the muzzle and 2 1/2" thick. This blank is dry and ready to work and is priced at $450.00, REDUCED TO $375.00 for the Holiday Weekend. You'll never find another one like it in your local gun rack.

[​IMG]

Myrtlewood blank A is another full rifle which looks like somebody took a bowl of honey and stirred it up until it looked like the richest tapestry, then added a setting agent and made it permanent. Perfectly straight grain with a medium amber color and a patch of tiny birdseyes (rare in Myrtle), this is one of the craziest I've seen.

[​IMG]

Two of right side from different angles, and

[​IMG]

what the butt would look like on your shotgun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two pics of left side from different angles. Completely dry and ready to work. The symmetry is uncanny with everything that shows on one side repeating precisely on the other. I've seen a lot of Myrtlewood and this layout and look are among the finest. Your favorite rifle would look and shoot so much better wearing this stick of Myrtlewood! Measurements are 36" long, 7" tall at the butt, 2 3/4" tall at the muzzle and 2 1/2" thick. Price is $625.00 including shipping, REDUCED TO $500.00 for the Holiday Weekend.

I know that we cut 'em all too big, but I'd rather have you bitchin' about that than the opposite case. As always, first confirmation at the email above gets first dibs. Thanks for looking and cruise by the website often as we are adding new stuff all the time.

Mike Mann

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike, If the first one is not spoken for I would like to buy it. Thanks, Bill

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Steven's English blank is sold. Thanks BG Email sent. Bill, see if you can find me a reasonable used passenger side rear view mirror for my 1982 Mercedes 240 D. Nobody here on the West Coast can find one.

Gave the UNLOADER and his wife a little tour around Reno in this old classic a few weeks ago. I think the ride re-kindled an old love affair. Gary, next year I'll bring up the 1982 380 SL and let you two crazy kids have it for the evening. If you don't come back, I own the motor home!!!!!!

Thanks to all for looking.

Mike Mann

[​IMG]

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Reduced prices on the remaining three for the Memorial Day Weekend. Reductions will be in place until midnight Pacific Time Monday, May 30, 2011, at which time the prices will revert to MSRP and the blanks will move over to the website.

Thanks for looking and Remember to Remember. Mike Mann

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Up for Monday viewing. I'll be back in the office by about midnight Monday and will check for activity then. If you've got an interesting trade (books, gold, silver), I speak all those languages. In Sunnyvale, California crushing 500 doubles and presenting the trophies on Monday. If you want two or three, we can talk.

Mike Mann

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike, I have your mirror locked down you should see it next week. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.