1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S ENGLISH ROSE & SCROLL REDUCED AGAIN !! F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

For sale at a very reasonable price is an IAB Premier DeLuxe with stunning full coverage English Rose and Scroll engraving. This gun is a 29 1/2 inch over-under with factory original bores that measure the Italian standard of the late seventies at .727. Bottom barrel is .024 constriction, top barrel is .035. Bores are shiny and bright. Stock and forend are late seventies Italian English Walnut slab cut fencepost with a little broken quilt and no figure at all - therefore original and not messed with. Straight stock with right hand palm swell and factory standard 14 1/8 inch length of pull to center of pad. Trigger is gold plated and features a slight twist to the right favoring a right handed shooter. The original factory pad is still installed and has a crack in the hard red line spacer which is typical of a forty year old gun and indicates that the gun was never "upgraded" with latest tricks for a tournament shooter.

Now the best part - This masterpiece was engraved at the factory in 1978 by Italian engraver Italo Bonomi in full coverage English Rose and Scroll. The engraver's signature mark is in the correct place on the receiver and this style defines this gun as the model Premier DeLuxe in the IAB line of striker powered shotguns. The engraver was a true master of this style of engraving as is evidenced by the complete coverage on the receiver, top lever and tang and the forend iron.

I am selling this beauty because I have just obtained the higher grade IAB - Premier Extra Deluxe - with exquisite game scene engraving and I don't have room in the safe for another investment.

The pictures will speak for themselves. If you've been looking for a reasonably priced work of art that could also be your regular tournament or live bird gun, this is it. The gun has been fired, but, based on the tightness at opening, has not been fired much. Nothing on this gun has been modified. If you're looking for a ported, backbored, adjustable rib, adjustable comb, screw in choked, sliding trigger, forcing cone relieved sweetheart, this ain't it! If, on the other hand, you've been wanting to add at least $10,000.00 worth of traditional Rose and Scroll engraving to your collection, wrapped around a great performing shotgun, this may be your best chance.

Price is reduced again to $2150.00 shipped to your FFL and I'll throw in a duplicate of the original factory catalog. The buyer will receive a package with selected spares and assurances that as long as I'm alive there will always be spares available. Before anyone asks the next question, yes I might be open for a trade, but the only thing I'm really interested in is an MX-3 or MX-8 over under that hasn't been totalled by technology or wrecked by half a million rounds. Email me at the above address, as I check that several times during the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right side, pictures deliberately dark to show detail, not flash.

[​IMG]

Wood to metal fit and forend iron tightness evident in this view.

[​IMG]

Bottom view. Yes, that's oil with my fingerprints in it. Didn't bother to polish and shine for the pics.

[​IMG]

Engraver's name.

[​IMG]

Forend showing complete checkering coverage. Checkering on stock and forend is all 32 line to the inch. Exquisite.

[​IMG]

Original factory pad. All internal parts have been engine turned to help them retain lubricant.

Thank you for looking.

Mike Mann

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Let's drop the price to $3000.00 even and see what falls out of the woodwork. There's been a lot of interest and I know that money's tight so go get in the closet and see what's sittin' in the corner that you haven't touched in five or ten years. I'm willing to trade with particular interest in Perazzi MX-3 and MX-8 O/U. Gold and silver (no numismatics) are always of interest. I know we have some art lovers in the audience and this level of engraving will never be available again at this price. PM or email to the above address.

Regards,

Mike Mann

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Can't believe I'm going to open this door any further, but let's adjust the price one more time. $2750.00 shipped to your FFL will buy one of the finest examples of original rose and scroll engraving by an Italian artist. This is about one quarter of what you'd spend to simply commission the work today. I'm open to trades including silver and/or gold coins. Somebody has to snap this one up before I lose my faith in TSers as gentlemen and ladies of refined taste and genteel upbringing. PM or email me with a suggestion.

Mike Mann

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

OK guys and gals. Last call for this one at $2500.00 and I'll do the shipping . If the several folks who asked for a number around $2500.00 don't respond within a couple days, I'll buy a bigger safe and this beauty will retire gracefully into a humidity controlled blissful sleep. Again, I know that money's tight, but I think there must be some trade bait hanging in a lot of closets that would like to see the light of day. Still happy to do a deal with an MX-3 over/under.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Lots of tire kickers, but this beauty is still available. $2150.00 and I'll deliver is my final-final reduction for this work of art. An amazing price for the artwork alone and you get the extra added bonus of being able to shoot with it. I know there's a collector among us who knows the cost of this exquisite workmanship. Call me at 541-441-6222 Cell to discuss.

Mike Mann

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

english rose and scroll