1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Encore 44 mag rifle barrel only(custom shop)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by terry in new york, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terry in new york

terry in new york TS Member

0   0   0

BARREL IS IN GOOD SHAPE 85 -90%. BARREL IS 24INCHES LONG. RIFLING IS PERFECT DO NOT KNOW THE TWIST. SHOOT GREAT AND IT IS BARRELL ONLY NO FOREND. LEUPOLD BASE AND RINGS(NOT POSTIVE BRAND OF RINGS) $225.00 SHIPPED
    terryinnewyork_2011_111010.jpg

terryinnewyork_2011_111011.jpg

terryinnewyork_2011_111012.jpg

terryinnewyork_2011_111013.jpg

terryinnewyork_2011_111014.jpg

terryinnewyork_2011_111015.jpg

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ok... I will bite. Do you have any idea what is custom about this barrel? Because it's not just because it is chambered in .44 mag

3. terry in new york

terry in new york TS Member

0   0   0

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Do you not know what is custom about the item you have for sale? If all you know is that it says custom on the side then just say so. As you may know, the custom shop is no longer open and 44 mag barrels can be purchased off the shelf. Your price is great but not if it something screwy.

vern(BROWNST100) I have a firm grasp of the obvious but thanks for trying to help.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The "Custom" is its a "44 mag in a 26 inch barrel". It was the only place you could get one in that length of barrel.

TC has their "normal" stuff(off the self) then their was their Custom shop!!

Where you could get barrels chambered in the old cartridges and not "popular" cartridges and heavy barrels and other neat stuff. Like case colored frames, engraved frames.

If I wasn't already swimming in barrels, I'd pick this one up fast!!

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That was the question. What is SPECIAL ABOUT THIS BARREL??? You responded with a response about what the custom shop is.

The custom shop being closed makes what is difffrent about this barrel all that more important.

The guy who posted this obviously has no idea as he bumped this to the top after your explanation of what a custom shop is.

So... Thanks for clue about the two inches.

So there we have it... If you want a .44mag barrel that is 24 inches long buy this one.

Otherwise youy will have to be happy with a 22 inch barrel.

They are currently made and can be had in many places but this one is better because it is not only 125.00 cheaper, it also may develope more velocity.

This was what I was looking for. Two inches just did not seem that big of a deal in a cartridge that will gain little or nothing as a result of the extra inches.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Ballistics on this one will be off the chart. It will push a 250 gr Nosler Partition bullet at near 2000 FPS. WOW.

Power factor of FIVE HUNDRED. This one will drop most any thin-skinned critter at under 50 yards, on either side of the pond.

A most tempting purchase. Some lucky buyer will be astonished when they shoot it.

8. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

0   0   0

SuperXjeff,

If you wanted a T/C barrel configuration other than standard T/C production barrels the T/C Custom would make the barrel. Whether the barrel was 2 inches longer or shorter, sporter weight or a heavy barrel the T/C Custom Shop would produce the barrel to the customers specifications. All barrels were roll stamped "T/C Custom Shop". The T/C custom shop barrels were button rifled on the regular production line, modifed to the customers specifications and hand chambered in the custom shop.

Are you now satisfied what the word "Custom" means on a T/C Custom shop barrel.

GEEEZZ.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jeff; Get a grip, the man never said it was a custom barrel. Only that it was made in the CUSTOM SHOP and in good condition. If you read what is posted and not try to impose a different meaning to what is written could be good for your blood pressure.

clydep
    It's because I have a grip that I asked the question that I did. It's because I undestand all about the TC custom shop and what it USED TO DO.. That I ask the question that I did.

If guys bothered to read an entire thread instead of just responding we wouldn't have now two posts giving the explanation of what the custom shop was and another guy posting that I should have just read what was in the ad and that just because it says custom shop shouldn't infer that there was anything custom about it.

Even though there was something custom about EVERY barrel ( Including this one but you wouldn't know that because you didn't bother to read the thread) that was stamped custom.

Guys, don't come on here and climb on me when you do not bother to read the thread and just post about BS that you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Next time, try reading the thread before responding. If people hadn't responded without reading the thread this guys for sale ad wouldn't be so F(*K%^ up.
    Jeff

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Name calling? I called nobody anything. I guess if I had asked for the definition of what a custom shop was your answer would have been helpful but I didn't ask that.

Vern.. It was your answer that said nothing that allowed the poster to not bother to respond in the first place. Maybe if you had kept your "HELP" to yourself the guy would have posted that the 24 inch barrel was the custom touch on this barrel.

The fact of the matter was that I wasn't asking any of "you" anything. I was asking the guy who owned the barrel what was custom about it and I got a whole lot of utter non-sense from at least three people but in the end it was you that said it was custom because it was 24 inches as opposed to the standard production 22 inches.

So vern.. Thanks for that. If you would have stated that in the first response this whole thread would have been a lot shorter.

11. TBFA

TBFA Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jeff, always seems to have a problem with someone's thread, last time it was the guy selling the 20ga. 303, now this. Why don't you pm if you have a question, your probably not going to buy anything anyway so like vern said, BUZZ OFF JEFF!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
44 mag barrel for tc encore
44 mag encore rifle barrel
44 magnum encore rifle barrel
encore 44 barrel

encore 44 mag rifle barrel

encore 44 mag rifle barrel for sale
encore rifle barrels
tc encore 44 mag rifle