1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S - Double Gun Journal - Complete Set

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Gross Man, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

F/S Complete set of Double Gun Journals - Volumes One thru Twenty - 80 issues total. These are in pristine condition. I can send photos if interested. The publisher sells back issues from 2001 forward at $10.00 each. Older issues are much more costly and many are not available at all. $1000. plus shipping. Can arrange pick up within aprox 100mi of northern Virginia. Thanx, Billy

2. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

This is a great price on these books....you can't hardly call them magazines. If he has the yearly slipcovers and index journals, it's a GREAT deal.

And if you've never seen this publication, go check it out....first class all the way.

I too have the complete set with slipcases, index's, and #1 reprint.....and wouldn't sell for double that price.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Great price, wrong forum. There're only a handful of people here that reads Double Gun Journal. And half of the rich guys here are shooting the S, or A gun with only one barrel. :)

Try it at SCI convention, that'll be the right place. Next one is Jan. 20, 2010.

4. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

Steve: Maybe so. But I don't own a SxS or a single shot or a black powder double rifle.....still, the articles, history, photographs, stories, and ads, all packaged in a fine gilt edged book for not a lot of money, suits me just fine.

If you have interest in shotguns of all kinds, this is as good as it gets.

If any of you have not seen the Double Gun Journal, go find one.....it might just grab your attention.

What is the S or A gun? I'm alittle slow....but I'll be at SCI.

5. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Thanx for the comments guys. This is a great set and a fair price. I didn't buy the slipcovers and index journals. The summation of these feature articles has become a fantastic source of information for collectors. I was hoping to get in to collecting, but decided that I will only own guns that I intend to shoot frequently. I now want to turn the DGJs into something I can shoot. I will consider trades. I am looking for a gun for Sporting Clays. Billy

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The poster is wrong about who lurks here. Many double gun collectors read this forum, but few post. $1000 is a great price for a 20 volume set. The Indexes are available for about $100 for both so that is not a big deal. I am in the same area as the fellow selling the set and I would sell my set with slipcovers and indexes for $1500. His set is a better deal, however.

7. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

WGH, don't want to offend any of the rich guys here. I was referring to something closely pronounced as "size" & "elfmann". The other end of the spectrum from artistic point of view with the guns you'll find in Double Gun Journal. :)

8. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Steve W - I am offended about your comment on rich guys buying DGJ. I buy Playboy and can't afford any of the things in there either. The only difference is that I may have a better chance with a Parker. But then again, they are both side by side doubles. Billy

9. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Gross Man, my sincere apology. I not only buy Playboy magazines, I subscribe it since 1980s. Can't afford anything in there (except one Beretta they put on the list for one Christmas). Dated something softer similar to the center folds when I was young and silly, learn my lessons the hard way. :)

As I age, I spend more time on "Double Gun Journal" and "Shooting Sportsman" than "Playboy", still can't afford most of what they're showing, but since I can't sleep with them anyway, it's ok.

Merry Christmas to you.

10. eightbore

0   0   0

Still for sale? Maybe you could lower the price just a little and put them on the doublegunshop.com for sale forum. You pay ten bucks, but only if you sell them.

11. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

eightbore - Yes, the DJG is still for sale. I will take your recommendation and advertise on doublegunshop.com. I think I am going to hold the price, I think it is a fair deal, and it is just a matter of finding the right buyer.

Steve W - Thanx for your good cheer.

Merry Christmas to all.
    Billy

12. eightbore

0   0   0

As I said before, the price is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
double gun journal
double gun journal back issues