1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Dillon SL900

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fortwtlkqa, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

I'm not sure if any of you knew my father, Bruce "BK" Kinsey. He shot in
    Northern Indiana & Southern Michigan quite a bit. He recently passed away
    from Leukemia. This was his Dillon SL900 for sale. He said to sell it for
    $600 + shipping. He reloaded with it until he passed away. If you would like
    pictures, I'll be more than happy to email them to you.

Thanks

Curt Kinsey

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I sent you an email Curt, BK was a dear friend of mine. Everything your father had was in pristine condition, your loader is well worth $$ I have a friend who is interested, I will let him know

3. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

Thanks I appreciate that. I believe it does have the case feeder. There's a flip switch on it. I'm not too familiar with it, which is why I am selling it. I'm keeping his grabber because it's what he tought me to re-load on.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me or call me at 260-387-1124.

Curt Kinsey

4. cubancigar2000

Up in memory of BK

5. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

what is t~t~t?

Curt

6. cubancigar2000

That means you have friends Curt, they are moving your thread back to the top ( to the top) Lots of people on here knew your dad and we thought a lot of him. I for one was looking forward to shooting with him again one day. In fact we discussed it

7. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I'll put it to the top! Don't need the loader but I am sorry you lost your dad. Somebody pony up. The loader is well worth the price.

8. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

9. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

Oh, Ok. I'm shooting his Beretta, having a great time. Still trying to figure out where it shoots & how to shoot the release trigger, haha.

He was looking down on me tonight at Albion. He had to keep me humble though. Got in a shot off in the calcuta and the second station my first shell was a dud and my partner missed. Accidently grabbed my shootoff shells out of a box he had marked rejects, guess he marked them that for a reason. Humility was a lesson he always preached. haha

10. cubancigar2000

Yes, Curt I would advise you to keep it also. I think you will regret selling it.

11. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

I have a grabber to reload on, that I actually know how to use. Otherwise, I would consider it. The only shells I'll probably reload are my back-up's. Working 60 hours/week and having a wife & 7 month old daughter don't leave much extra time for reloading.

Curt Kinsey

12. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

Dillon is sold pending funds....

Thank you guys for your help. This is a site I just discovered and completely understand why my dad was so in love with shooting trap and everything that comes with it.

Thanks again,

Curt Kinsey

13. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

I need some help guys. I just took the Dillon to UPS and they informed me it was going to cost over $200 to ship it because it weighs 50 pounds and is over 40 inches tall. I have no idea how to dis-assemble it, nor do I want to for fear of breaking something.

Any reccomendations???????

Curt Kinsey

14. cubancigar2000

Call Dillon and ask them how they ship ( dont take it apart)

15. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

The Dillon comes apart easily for shipping go to dillons site and download the instructions

16. dws

dws TS Member

FYI: I've shipped my SL900 to/from Dillon

For ease of shipping its best to remove the hull feeder, shot dispenser and even the powder assembly. If the manual is available its relatively easy to dis-assemble. The hull feeder and shot dispenser are very easy and the powder assembly is not much more difficult.

I'd also consider calling Dillon .. if you have any ? regarding dis-assembly.. they are very helpful.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.