1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S DILLON SL900 SPF.

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Theo, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theo

Theo TS Member

0   0   0

For sale, nice Dillon SL900. Set up for 12ga, with case feeder,cover and acc.
    $750.Shipped in the lower 48. This has loaded about 15000 rounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Even has the primo roller handle on it. ;-)

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

0   0   0

I'll bet you spend a lot of time re-filling the hoppers.

4. Theo

Theo TS Member

0   0   0

You have to fill hoppers on all reloaders, and you can still load 500 per hour
    just taking your time.

5. build4u

build4u Member

0   0   0

The lead hopper holds 25 pounds on the Dillon. If you search on the web there is a powder tube available for about 20.00 that doubles the powder capacity. You pull two screws and slide out the old an in with the new. I cut an old powder measure tube in half and used Fernco fittings and added 1/3 to each of two measures I use. With the Sl-900 I can load 100 in about eight minutes.

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It also does not matter how old it is because it has a lifetime warranty. They were very good with sending parts when I had mine.

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have one and love it---George@SJB

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

build4u: Is right. I have made 100 rounds in 8 minutes. For sure the fastest reloader made, but still no auto power or large primer tray like PW or Spolar.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Power on an SL900 would be a waste. The handle takes about as much effort as picking up your remote. Besides, the handle keeps my right hand busy so I don't stuff my face with popcorn. ;-)

You can get 150 primers on the priming tray and shortly thereafter (3 minutes and 10 seconds - 50 rounds) add the remaining 50.

A bigger powder hopper would be nice, but with the low-powder sensor, it seems like a nice break to refill it.

10. build4u

build4u Member

0   0   0

True my eight year old son pulls the handle for me sometimes, I own a few Dillons and the sl-900 I would probably say is not a begginers press if you have never loaded anything. It might skip a primer now and then however it has a big advantage that you seat the primer with the press on a slight back stroke of the handle, with that being the only operation on the back stroke you can feel the pressure to make the primer seat. It is easy to see the primers feed in to the primer bar as well. It is very easy to pop the shell out in the event of a skip and manually drop a primer in. Even if I was loading a low volume I can not imagine going back to not having a case feeder.

11. Theo

Theo TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the help guys! Sold pending funds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.