1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S...DAN WESSON PISTOL PAK...PICS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bgf, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgf

bgf Active Member

This is an original Dan Wesson ….357 Cal. Four Barrel Pistol Pak. As you can see there is very little scoring on the cylinder indicative of a lightly used firearm. Rating is very high on the set as all contents are original and intact. Barrels are 6,4,3,2 or there about. The 4 inch barrel is on the gun now as is the original target grips. Pachmyers are shown in the photo. I am asking $835 shipped to your FFL overnight FedEx. Your FFL must be willing to receive from a private person. Trades considered for .45 acp Kimber Custom CDP II or?, STI Carry .45acp or a Colt Python in same caliber 4 inch barrel. I would consider further compensation. Use my PM or e-mail noted above [drop the XXs]. Bernie

PRICED REDUCED TO $775 SHIPPED
    <color=”black”>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view¤t=DanWesson.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/bgf123/?action=view¤t=DanWesson2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

where are you shipping from

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

do u have the original presentation wooden box?

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

I used to shoot handguns a lot and have owned many Dan Wessons in 22,357 ,44 and now 45. Used to shoot metalic silhouettes before I switched to trap shooting. It looks like the 2inch and 4inch are vent barrels but the others are vent heavy, is that true or am I seeing soemthing that is not there?
    Not trying to cause trouble just asking.
    Randy

5. bb-84

bb-84 Member

I thought handguns had to go from FFL to FFL??

6. rrose

rrose TS Member

John:
    Yes I agree, all of my Dan Wessons would shoot better than some rifles, I had scopes on most of mine to work up the most accurate load then took the scope off to shoot competitions.
    You are correct that a full pack was 2,4,6,8 inch barrels. The 2 and 4 inch in this set do not match the 6 and 8 which means they are not part of the original set. Not a big deal but the barrels came as plain with out vent or lug(P), or Vent only with no under lug (V), or vent heavy with both vent and heavy underlug (VH).
    The sets never came with a mixture of vent and vent heavy barrels so this set is 2 Vent only and 2 Vent Heavy barrels. Again not a big deal but not an original full set. Like so many other things I have sold I wish I had back my Dan Wesson revolvers. They were and still are great shooting guns. I think my favorite was the VH in 357 and the V in 44. I also had the 357 Super mag that was 8 inch barrel with slots in the barrel shroud. What a shooting machine that was. Very flat shooting and accurate. randy

7. rrose

rrose TS Member

BGF
    I did not mean that your pac was not worth your asking price, I think it is especially since it is in such good shape. These are fine guns and this will make some one a wonderful gun to shoot or for their collection.
    Sportshot
    Yes they did make the 375 super mag on the large frame like the 357 supper mag which is also called 357 maximum. I don't remember for sure but I think it used 375 Winchester brass as the starting point to make the case, maybe some one else that had one will chime in on the brass.
    What a great caliber for hunting and shooting metal rams. I never had on of the 375's but I did have the 357 super mag and it would shoot 3 in groups at 100 yards.
    Some one will enjoy a great shooting gun with this set.
    randy

8. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

What is the bottom dollar on this package deal shipped? I think I want it I've looked at it to long, it's grown on me. Please call 330=705-8757 or email to jdlovejoy4@yahoo.com Thanks Josh Lovejoy

9. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

BB84, I was under the same understanding, pistols can only go from FFL to FFl to be legal. I have always understood only long guns can go from private individual to FFL. Steve

10. bgf

bgf Active Member

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier? [Back]

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Key word is handgun...

Bernie

11. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I suspect John Malcolm may be right, that it could have been an original set. I do know that when I got mine (.44 stnls vent heavy) 25 years ago, barrels were quite common & cheap, & I picked up an extra. I've since seen them at times, but like John says, they've been hard to find when you look. I'm sure there are DW experts who'd know if this was an original package, but I'm not one. It's a very nice kit. Phil E

12. bgf

bgf Active Member

Two deals in the works but no news yet. So, up to the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
152vh dan weeson pistol pac you tube
dan wesson 152 vh price of kit

dan wesson pistol pak

pics of f&s pistol