1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Custom Brass Under-the-forend weights

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Note: More info @ the above website!

Custom made brass side weights. These fit between your barrels, and are secured via #4-40 screws (or RTV silicone, see below). These are custom made to your specs for your barrels. So far I've made these to fit Krieghoff K80, Kolar, Beretta, Browning, Perazzi and Blaser. I had been searching for something for the longest time to add some weight to my barrels. I didn't want anything clamped onto the barrels so as to ruin the lines of the gun. After searching about 3 years, I ended up making some of my own out of polished brass. They fit neatly under the forend between the barrels, and are held together by draw screws (number depending on application), which are loctited in. I can also do ones for the barrels in front of the forend with more draw screws if you wanted to match weight a barrel to one with subgauge tubes, or just add more weight. These are primarily intended for split barrel non-side rib guns (Kolar, Krieghoff, Rem 3200, some berettas, some perazzis), but can also be fit to guns with ventilated side ribs with draw screws (such as the Browning XT) or other solid or ventilated side ribs by using RTV silicone, using the same method that add-on ribs are held on by (no drilling into your side ribs is necessary, which is how Briley puts the side weights on guns w/ mid-ribs). The weights I made for my Kolar under the forend which were 9.75 inches (x2, one for each side) are 4.25 oz, (so .44 oz/inch for both sides) if you wanted to figure out how much yours would weigh. You need to be able to fit a #4-40 screw between your barrels for these weights to work, as that is the size of screws I use. Price for the weights will be $50/set shipped, up to 10" in length. Longer ones will be priced on a per job basis.

Kolar and Briley sell similar side weights made of steel. I don't know about the Briley ones, but the Kolar ones weigh EXACTLY the same as the ones I’ve made, and sell for $300 from Kolar, get these ones for a FRACTION of that price.

If you do order weights for under your forend, I'll need to know how close to the breech end you can fit a #4-40 screw (or 2 stacked pennies, whichever is easier to come by) so I know where to place the draw screws. I am also now accepting barrels via shipment for custom fitting, and the only additional charge will be return shipping and insurance (in most cases $15 and under).

Any questions, please feel free to drop me an email @ kolarskeet@gmail.com

*NEW* Will also consider trading weights for Remington STS 20ga, 28ga, and .410 once-fired hulls, or anything on my Wanted to Buy or Trade page.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.