1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Custom Brass Between-The-Barrel Weights

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeet_man, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Custom Handmade Brass Weights for Most Over/Under Shotguns
    (Including Some Over-Single and Under-Single Shotgun barrels)

These fit between your barrels, and are secured via #4-40 screws (most common), #2-56 screws, or RTV silicone. These are custom made to your specs for your barrels.

So far I've made these to fit Krieghoff K80, Kolar, Beretta, Browning, Perazzi (Over/Under and Unsingle) and Blaser.

I had been searching for something for the longest time to add some weight to my barrels. I didn't want anything clamped onto the barrels so as to ruin the lines of the gun. After searching about 3 years, I ended up making some of my own out of brass. They fit neatly under the forend between the barrels, and are held together by draw screws (most common) or silicone. I can also manufacture weights for the barrels in front of the forend if you wanted to match weight a barrel to one with subgauge tubes, or just add more weight overall.

My weights are also now available with steel inserts (#4-40 thread screws only) which facilitate repeated installation and removal for those who want to use the weights on their guns when shooting 12ga to replicate the weight/balance of the gun with tubes, then remove the weights when they shoot with the tubes installed.

These are primarily intended for split barrel non-side rib guns (Kolar, Krieghoff, Rem 3200, Blaser, some Berettas, some Perazzis), but can also be fit to guns with ventilated side ribs with draw screws (such as the Browning XT) or other solid or ventilated side ribs by using RTV silicone, using the same method that add-on ribs are held on by (no drilling into your side ribs is necessary, which is how Briley used to install side weights on guns w/ mid-ribs).

The weights I made for my Kolar under the forend were 9.75 inches long and weigh 4.25 oz total (so .44 oz/inch for both sides if you wanted to figure out how much yours would weigh).

In order to be able to use the draw-screw type of weights (without steel inserts), you need to be able to fit a #4-40 (.108) or #2-56 (.082) screw between your barrels for these weights to work, as that is the size of screws I use, otherwise they will have to be installed with silicone. Clearance for a #4-40 screw can be checked with 2 stacked pennies. Weights with steel inserts are only available for #4-40 screws

Price for weights without steel inserts will be $50/set shipped, up to 10" in length. Price for weights with steel inserts will be $60/set shipped. Price includes First Class Shipping and Delivery Confirmation. Longer weights will be priced on a per job basis.

Kolar sells similar side weights made of steel, and Briley used to also make steel side weights but no longer does. I don't know about the Briley ones, but the Kolar ones weigh EXACTLY the same as the ones I’ve made, and sell for $300 from Kolar, get these ones for a FRACTION of that price.

Contact me at the email address above, or check out my website for more information and pictures.

2. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

they are neat and well thought out and made- I received my set and will order more

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Larryrh

Larryrh TS Member

0   0   0

Skeet Man,

I am looking for 12oz of weight to make my 12 gauge K-80 have the same feel as when it is tubed, so I guess I am needing your steel insert weight. Am I correct? If so, what is the current cost and how would you like the payment?

Thanks

Larry Hamblin

4. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

most tubes dont weigh 12 onces- depends on the tube and what the length is of course

put your tubes on a scale and you will find out

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Ian, send me your Phone number on a PM.

Thanks, Jeff

6. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

7. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Website above.

8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a set and am very satisfied.

Ian - I have a question....at the time I bought mine, I had to grind down one end in order to get them to fit under the ejectors of the K80 which don't have as much clearance as the Kolar ejectors. Do you now make them in two versions?

9. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Baron- The only new thing since I made your weights is the option for steel inserts in the threads (to facilitate repeated removal and installation).

I make the weights short enough now so there is no interference b/w the ejector and the weight, in other words, I don't try to fit them below the ejectors anymore.

10. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

0   0   0

Please shoot me an e-mail message,letting me know if you make the weights for the un-single Cesear Gurenni.
    I have that gun,34", would be interested in weights for that.
    Thanks
    Glenn

11. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I'm now proud to accept credit cards through Paypal to make your purchasing easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

between the barrel weights for shotgun

brass shotgun barrel weights

over under brass barrel weights