1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*F/S* Colt 1911 Gold Cup National Match Mk IV S80

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by zzt, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have a lightly used Colt National Match 1911 for sale at $850 OBRO plus shipping FFL to FFL.

I cannot post pictures here, but will email them to anyone interested.

This gun was originally owned by a Police Chief, who carried it as a duty gun for one month. The right side of the slide and dust cover bear the inevitable small scratches, etc. that result from carrying as a side arm. The right side is pristine, except for an idiot scratch that came with the gun. The gun was then sold to a TS.commer who put it in a safe, unfired, for years.

George Smith of EGW examined the gun and said it had been fired less than 3000 times. I put half of them through it. Dr. Nick Abrishamian of Mountain Competition Pistols has just been through the gun piece by piece, measured, cleaned and reassembled everything, and made a new custom barrel bushing for it.

The gun is in great condition. The original owner added a Wilson straight metal mainspring housing, drop-in beaver tail grip safety, competition hammer, and a Wilson Dwyer Group Gripper kit.

I replaced the Group Gripper kit (only worked well with hardball) with the original components. I will send the kit with the gun if the buyer wishes. The front sight has been restaked. The rear sight roll pin was replaced. I removed the Series 80 plunger and lever, and had a superb 3.5lb trigger job done on it. You can replace the Ser 80 stuff, but the trigger pull will go to almost 4 lbs. Dr. Nick just added a custom barrel bushing.

Please consider this gun if you are looking for a very accurate carry gun, or a plate, pin and games gun. It will put an entire box of Remington UMC hardball into a 2" hole, offhand at 50'. From a sandbag rest it will put same into a 3" hole at 25 yards. It is 100% reliable with all hardball and SWC loaded to standard OAL.

You should not consider this gun if you are looking for a dedicated wad gun. I gave it to Dr. Nick and told him to turn it into a dedicated bullseye gun with 1.5" @ 50 yard accuracy. Both Nick and Ross Carter told me it would be considerably less expensive to start from scratch, plus they could guarantee the results. So, I'm selling this pistol to put a deposit on a custom bullseye gun.

Gun comes with original magazine and papers, in the original box. Contact me via email or PM for more details, or email for pictures.

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Sounds like a really nice gun.. If you send me pictures tonight.. I'll post them for you.. All Good.. Mike

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Serial #? I can look up the age.
    Would like some pix to XXgbatch3@gmail.comXX (delete all Xs)
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This is one nice 1911

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

next picture

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Another view

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

are you selling the aluminum grips seperately?

email me if you are at gnbug@prodigy.net

thanks

Gene

8. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

Is this still for sale?

9. loweight

loweight Member

0   0   0

Still have it? Where are you located?
    Bobby