1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S CLARO WALNUT MATCHED PAIR REDUCED F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Very special offering to my fellow TS'ers. In 2001, a friend harvested a huge Claro Walnut tree from the Beebe Farms in Medford, Oregon. In 2004, I bought a truckload of Myrtlewood full rifle blanks from him at the closing of the Myrtlewood Factory in Grants Pass, Oregon. Among the blanks I bought were three beautiful and very traditional Claro Walnut rifle blanks with monster measurements including a consecutive cut pair that are as close to a true matched pair as any I've ever seen. As I'm moving dry Myrtlewood blanks out of my racks and re-filling them with Royal Walnut rifles and shotguns, I uncovered these three beauties. All are at 11% moisture, have been air dried only since 2001, are very dense and stable and measure 37 inches long, 8 1/8 inches tall at the butt, 2 7/8 inches tall at the muzzle and are just a hair under 3 full inches thick. They are big enough for any rifle caliber and any shotgun application including heads-up, offset and twisted sister designs. I'm presenting D1 and D2 as a matched pair only and would rather not break them up. It's just too seldom that a pair this close comes along. Pictures follow:

IMG_3142.jpg?

IMG_3144.jpg?

Both sides of the pair. You can see the soft fiddleback plus the red and deep brown predominant colors. The sameness of the stripe, the colors and the perfect layouts is remarkable. Both are perfectly quarter sawn.

IMG_3145.jpg?

Right side of both. The reds through the center of both blanks is a little more visible.

IMG_3150.jpg?

Left side of both. If you're planning the restocking of a matched pair of big bore rifles or want to put a matched pair of high-grade shotguns together, take a close look at these. Ready to work, I'll ship this pair anywhere in the lower 48 for $500.00, reduced from $600.00.

D3 is a single rifle with all the same pedigree, cut from the same tree, but with a flavor all its own. Also beautifully quarter-sawn, this blank features broad bands of color and stripe and super-straight grain and figure all the way through the tip of the forend.

IMG_3156.jpg?

Sorry for the glare.

IMG_3152.jpg?

D3 left. The colors are consistent from side to side. This one is priced at $225.00, reduced from $275.00, including shipping.

Thanks for looking. First confirmation at the email above will be the proud new owner.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

0   0   0

thank you for posting these beauties, I love looking at your postings. Bruce

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks for the comment, Bruce. It's a pleasure to post good wood, but I think I'm going to have to upgrade my little camera.

Mike Mann

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Price on the pair reduced to $500.00, on D3 reduced to $225.00.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Going to do something new. I've had several sniffers around all three of these blanks, but no commitments. If anyone has a serious and responsible offer, including the possibility of a trade, email me at the address above. Offers can be silver or gold coins, first editions - primarily African hunting, or other items of value.

Let me know by email. Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.