1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Citori Superposed Poly Sub tubeset reduced

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by cpradde, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpradde

cpradde Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For Sale: Browning Citori or Superposed Poly Gauge Sub Gauge Tube set. Made by Poly choke. ANIB. 20, 28, and 410 tubes plus ejectors and paperwork in original box. Missing one link. These tubes work the same as regular rhino stingers or briley tubes except, you replace the ejectors. One of the links is missing, but can be made by a machinist with ease. (refer to pictures) These have never been placed in barrels or fired. Poly also made the Browning Super Tube Sets that were introduced after these. They are steel and 18 inches in length. Blues finish. I saw a set sell on eBoy for $565. They were used and had a case. Any questions, let me know. $450 shipped. Money orders or Paypal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

I don't know much about sub-gauge tubes. You say they are 18" in length, so what length barrel are they ok in? Would they be ok in my 26" skeet/skeet Citori?

JON

3. cpradde

cpradde Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

These can work in any barrel length. The Briley side kicks are 6 or 8 inches long. The Rhino's are 15. These are 18. The point is to keep the additional weight as low as possible and as close to the balance point as possible. These were originally made for skeet shooters. Prior to Kolar/Briley tubes. All are fixed skeet choke. They have a knock out device also. It's about 18 inches. Best Regards-Chris

4. Nutso

Nutso Member

0   0   0

Just make sure you clean the barrel really good after shooting the sub-gauage tubes, as powder ring will develop at the end of the tube muzzel, if not cleaned then you run the risk of blockage when shooting 12 gauge, and possilbly a barrel bulge.

Tim B

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

What nutso said. Same goes for Savage Four-Tennerswhich are quite short.

HM

6. cpradde

cpradde Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Keeping things clean is a must! They can also be difficult to install or remove if the bore is dirty. Especially in cold weather. I bought these instead of the Rhino (which I have had) because they are three inches longer and hopefully providing more powder burn. Plus the superposed I was going to use them in is a lightning and weight would be less of an issue. The is on ly the second set I have ever seen. The other set was the brn branded and they sold on ebay last week. I'm just trying to raise money for my new perazzi.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Have they been tried in a Citori? They were made for a Superposed, and I don't know if the ejectors will interchange. If they do work in a Citori, you'd probably have to limit them to Invector choked, or pre-Invector barrels, as they would probably rattle horribly in an invector plus barrel.

8. cpradde

cpradde Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

They are suppose to work in a citori. I was told by Poly when I called to get the missing link.......(no pun) There is a twist adjustment on the end of the tube to make a tight fit. The end looks similar to a poly choke, but the twisting adjusts the outside diameter not the inside diameter. The Rhino's use a o-ring. The Briley's are so short they need nothing at the end. Limiting the carrying barrel choke is a good idea just to reduce dirt and build up. I have slipped the ejector into a 425 barrel without the extention link. As always, a gunsmith maybe helpful when initially installing these to tweek and fit them properly. Very unique set of hardware. Kinda on the fence about parting with them. Thanks-Chris

9. cpradde

cpradde Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

reduced to $450 shipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.