1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S - CED M2 Chronograph

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm selling a Competitive Edge Dynamics Model M2 chronograph with the CED fitted soft carrying/storage case. I bought the unit directly from CED about a year ago and can honestly state that it works wonderfully unless the range at which you use it faces east or west. If so, the unit will not function on bright, cloudless days. The range at my club faces west and that's the reason I'm selling it.

Full information about the unit is available at the URL above. I believe it is a super piece of equipment. Its photocells are very high quality and their higher sensitivity than most "hobby" chronographs makes them very susceptible to lighting. The case is a nice, compact design that even has a pair of straps on the back that hold your tripod.

At CED's site above or at discount houses like MidwayUSA, the M2 sells for $199 and the case, as I recall, is $30 or so. I'll sell the whole works for $150 plus shipping.

Ed

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

PM sent, Ed.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For the benefit of those who have inquired about my system or anyone interested in this system or a new one, I'd like to tell you about my experience with Competitive Edge Dynamics.

Before I posted this system for sale on here, I sent CED an email about the problem. I had spoken with their engineer from the range I use while my son and I were struggling to conduct the accuracy testing of an 870 Super Slug a month or so ago. Nothing he could suggest helped and their website information does caution against using the M2 with sunlight on it from the front or back. As our club's rifle range unfortunately faces west, we get E0 or E1 error codes (one of the photocells sees an object but the other doesn't) as long as the sun is out. If the sun goes behind a cloud, it's game on!

As it turns out, the engineer forwarded my email to the president of CED, Charles Hardy, who currently is in Hong Kong on business. Because of the time difference, a day or two passed before he tried calling me and I then did not answer the call because of how my CEL phone displayed the calling number. Mr. Hardy then sent me an email and we've been swapping them for the past 48 hours. Customer service doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

He wants to ship me new photocells and the main unit (the brain/display that sits on the shooting bench with you) to try and has also offered to allow me to return the system for a full refund if the problem continues to persist. We both pretty much agree that the problem is not being caused by a defect in the system but is the result of the conditions under which I have to use it, so that certainly is a generous offer. As a result of Mr. Hardy's gestures, I won't be selling my system.

If your range does not face east or west, I highly recommend the CED M2 chronograph. On the few occasions that Jason and I have used it on overcast days, it has worked very well and the service behind it obviously is top shelf!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ced m2 chronograph problems