1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S BSA o/u

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sprinklerman, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

BSA o/u 28 inch barrels, vent rib,single selective trigger, used but in great shape only $500.00 plus shipping. Mark Mauch

2. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be Birmingham Small Arms? Who else makes BSA guns?

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I had a few BSA motorcycles, and they made some good rifles in the past (i had one), but I don't recall any shotgun references. Possibly a branded import like the scopes which carry their name nowadays.

Blue Book says they made SxS but no listings are present for O/U's,

HM

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

When I lived in England in the 60's I acquired a couple of O/U's and they were made by SKB. Seems like they were model 300's. Does that one have a model number or approx date of manufacture. Jackie B.

6. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

7. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

halfmile; as you probably know, the old Triumph company(Meriden)was owned by the BSA Group. During the late 60's, the parent company decreed that Triumph's and BSA's would be sold and serviced by the same US dealers. Jack Wilson of Big D Cycle in Dallas exclaimed that for BSA dealers it was a pretty good deal; for Triumph dealers it was like getting a dose of the clap!

A little humor from an old Triumph rider....but I love all of those old dim lighted, oil leakin' Brit bikes.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I worked in a BSA shop in 1966, I liked the Triumph unit construction bikes better.

My personal bike was a Norton P-11. I liked that one best of all. It was a Sportster killer. I used to go past them on the hind wheel, and enjoyed the look on their faces a lot.

Matchless 500 for scrambles and enduro.

And you haven't lived till the 441 Victor tossed you over the handlebars with that short kick start lever.

Fun for everyone.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.