1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Browning Superposed 12 GA Field

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jdlovejoy4, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Once you get a price established I'd like to see some pics if they are aval. Thanks, JOSH jdlovejoy4@yahoo.com

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

0   0   0

Jeff, Blue Book says $1,725 - $2,100, subtract 10-15% for Grade 1 standardweight
    (12 ga. only), add 20-25% for round knob, long tang variations unless skeet choked.

Steve

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Gene: For goodness' sake, he's asking for it... Get him!!

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

So what is the price?

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I know he asked for the price--- all I can say is that I have seen these go for very low prices at auction

I also dont think they are as good as a citori

And I dont think they have any collectors value at all- field, or trap ---

There are some special ones that do have collectors value- but this is a standard field grade

at one time these belgium guns were valued because they people wanted to believe that old world quality was better by far than anything that could be produced on a mass scale in Japan--- well now we know that Japenese guns and cars are good- better than most of the worlds products at least for value.

I would say its probably worth a little more than what he paid for it 35 years ago but not much

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Nice gun indeed. The price and condition rating might be a bit optimistic, but the gun is a classic in my book. I wish you luck. -Gary

PS: Come on Gene, you're funnier when you're at your most brutal. I was hoping for an insulting estimate in the $50-$70 range, stipulated by "assuming it's mint." LOL!

7. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

Enduro,

Is it possible for you to upload some photos? Where is the gun located?

Many thanks.

LA

8. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

0   0   0

I have seen some field models as you describe sell from $800.00 to $!000.00.

If its really in great shape maby $1200.00.

Just not much interest in them.

ed.

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Maybe he only wants $800 for it, but it would be nice if he told us. No one has ever sold a gun on here without a picture.

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Gene,I will argree with you about the Japanese cars but on the Citori vs Belgiam Superposed,no way. Some of the very earliest Citoris were maybe worth having from a dollar standpoint but that is it. I think they are coarse & crude. They are popular because Browning & their stupid deer logo have done a good,slick marketing job & they are cheap to buy,new or used. Can I back this up statistically or with good scientific comparitive principals,nope. Now that I have inflammed a whole big bunch of TS.com people,I need to go someplace & hide.
    Tom Lobonc

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

There's a possibility someone would buy it for the asking price, but not likely from TS.

I love superposed, it's so over complicated than necessary, but it worked very well. Everytime I took one apart, I'm amazed how J.M. Browning loves parts, he's one of the greatest gun designer in history, and he always managed to get that many parts in one design without causing problems.

Our friend Gene is probably right, that Japanese copy is a better gun from practical perspective. But Superposed is a legend in history.

Good luck with your sell.

12. darr

darr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have 2 Superposed including a field model similiar to this one.I think they are really pleasing to look at.Nothing special about them but just look right.I can't explain it.In the field I shoot my '52 Superposed as well as any gun I have.When I bought my field gun it was a mess and I bought it for $400.I had it rust blued and tightened up so now I have $1000 total in it and I think it is worth that.Just the ramblings of a Superposed fan.The gun you have pictured sure looks close to %100,but I fear you aren't going to get more than $1100 and that would have to be to the right buyer.Nice gun.

Darr

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

As a former collector of Browning Supers, and one who performed warranty service and repair for Browning, I will say Gene has hit it precisely on the head.

BTW, they are not complicated, but having worked on them for so long, maybe I have come to admire the way they work.

Whoever said they are rough and crude is confused. I performed warranty service and repair for about 25 brands of guns, and Brownings gave the least trouble of any. If I had only worked on Brownings, I would have starved. :^)

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Mr. Coach, the poster used the terms "coarse and crude" and was not describing the Super. He was describing early Citoris. I don't know if he has ever seen an early Citori or not. The pictured Super and the configuration would make anyone happy at $1100 to $1200. It is the best period for Super production and the condition seems wonderful.

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You cannot compare the Belgium made Superposed and the Citori. They look similar but the workmanship and precision that goes into building a Superposed puts it in a completely different catagory than the Citori...I've been shooting my Superposed ST-100 for 30 years and it's just a superb piece of engineering and execution. They are underpriced in my opinion but the market decides what goods sell for.

16. 7815wayne

7815wayne Member

0   0   0

Enduro,

Did you get my e-mail concerning the Superpose. Call me at 816/424-6631, if gun is still available. Wayne Porter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning superposed lightning trap gun nib

history of browning superposed