1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Browning 9 MM Pistol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by motordoctor, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Its a Browning single action 9 MM in the original box with the original paperwork and 2 clips. I'm selling it for a family friend that passed away. I don't know much about it but it looks like it was only shot a couple of times. The slip in the box says Silver chrome with 4 21/32"barrel. Model number 2405934. I could not find it in the browning catalog. Information on the age and price helpful and buyers appreciated motordoc;

2. Sccja57

Sccja57 Member

Send me an email if you have come up with a price.
    Thanks
    John Mc.
    sccja57@aol.com

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

those were sold by a particular distributor --I forget now who had them made like that- but I remember seeing them on special

It is one of the newer ones

its worth what a buyer will pay for it- in a gun store- maybe 500 dollars- from you? you could probably sell it for $350 to $400

4. motordoctor

i did find out it was made in 1993 according to the serial number and it was assembled in portugal. it is absolutly perfect and not a mark on it.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Gene is, as usual, on the money. It would be worth more if Belgian. Being assembled in Portugal does not affect its reliability, but DOES make it less desirable.

The P-35, though a fabulous pistol, is an outdated design. Browning worshippers flame on.

I carried a Hi-Power in the 60's. Condition Two. Outdated carry mode, as well.

6. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

please call me 302-602-1727, know someone maybe interested

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hey Coach..I bet you would still stake your life on one...they are still one fine piece of hardware...I have a FN Belgian Mfg 40cal Hi-Power and a 9mm and would never part with either

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The tale I've always heard is that this gun was the second most brilliant handgun from the mind of John Browning and he saw it as the gun to improve on the first most brilliant handgun, the 1911 Gov't model, .45 ACP. I have managed to have one of the first, a series 70 which I competed with and carried off duty for many years and have kept the eyes open for a P-35 to fill the void without luck most of those years, always hesitant to drop back to the 9mm claiber. Too late now.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I bought an identical gun for my wife in the mid 90's and recall paying about $650 (new). She used the pistol for several seasons of steel plate shooting with zero malfunctions or problems. That gun lives in the safe mostly these days with only a couple of plinking sessions each year. This may be an outdated design and probably the gun is oversize by todays standards but it is one of the all time great shooters.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If mandatory, I might carry a Belgian "T" model Hi Power with oversized safety in Condition one. Since the pistol and the feed ramp were designed before the days of good defensive ammo, I would probably carry hardball in it. Since it is European, it likes hotter ammo.

See where I am going? It is a great shooter, and very reliable, but is simply outdated.

My defensive training (giving and taking) arm is a pair of Glock G-17s. My carry arm is a "J" frame Smith 640. Even in shorts and tank top, the Smith is UNDETECTABLE.

11. motordoctor

sold pending funds thanks all for the information motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2405934 browning

browning hi power 9mm 2405934
buy browning 2405934