1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Browing Midas Never Fired NIB

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by , Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B²

0   0   0

Browning Superposed shotgun in Midas grade. The gun is a Broadway Trap model with 32” barrels choked full/full. The engraving is superb being executed and signed by F.N.’s master engraver, M. Magis. This gun, made in 1965, is a change-over model with square knob and long tang. The gun has exceptional wood with 28 lines/inch checkering. There are minor finish cracks on the right side of the pistol grip(sometimes typical of that era Browning finishes - see photo). Included are the original box and hang tag, as well as a like new Hartman style Browning luggage case.
    See additional photos on GunBroker.com enter 156767693

Thanks, Blair Brimmer, Indianapolis, IN

2. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

almost wet panties on that one

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

0   0   0

That sure is nice! what was the theory on the really wide rib? thanks!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Where are you coming up with all of these pristine guns ..? You seem to have a bunch of them ... Just curious ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Broadways were made with the wide rib.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Now Rick that was priceless .

Thanks for the PM

8. B²

0   0   0

Have been buying and collecting for nearly 50 years. What is YAC??

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Normally I would say it's a foul smelling critter. Lol. In this case it is WPT Your Arizona Connection.

ss

10. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

If any of you gentlemen want to see a nice presentation of a Broadway Trap, go to gunbroker and check out the the auction. Nice job with the pics Mr Brimmer.

11. dimapower

dimapower Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

opening bid $7195.00

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

0   0   0

does the wide rib help ,hurt, or neither?

14. TigerMyrtle

TigerMyrtle Member

0   0   0

Blair:
    Do you still own the Ljutic four barrel skeet set? If so, let me know if it ever becomes for sale. The last I saw you was a few years ago and IGC and you had moved to the 'dark-side' from shooting skeet. Sure wish we had the places to shoot in S.Cal. as you do in Indiana. I can still hear it now from the porch of the old Crooked Creek GC......"Here comes Brimmer in his Beamer!" circa: 1976. Good luck with the Midas Broadway. Let me know on the Ljutic.
    Eric Schmidt
    (drop the x's for my e-mail)

15. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I love the Broadways . In about 1970 the Browning Broadway was the best O/U you could buy or so we thought at the time . In 1970 a Broadway cost around $600.00 bucks .

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The only drawback to the wide rib is blocking the target. I shot one for years in doubles and loved it. Probably the best triggers in any Browning shotgun, especially the mechanicals, but both mechanicals and inertia are good.

If they told me I couldn't have an MX8 for a doubles gun, I'd find a 32" Broadway and never look back.

17. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Barry, your post now makes me feel better about buying a slightly used Broadway Pigeon grade 32" f/f Beautiful gun. Made in 73 Jim

18. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

blkcloud, they had a following of those that favored the wide rib for various reasons. I suspect the most popular ofwhich that I recall could probably have been diagnosed as shooting with the non dominant eye. The rib mad it tougher to see the side of the barrel obviously.

xring, fear not as these are nice pieces.

19. B²

0   0   0

Hi Eric,

No, I sold the 4 bbl Lujtic set back in the early 80's. Jaqua sold to a fellow out east and I got about $1000 less than I paid for it (6500 vs. 7500). The quality wasn't that good, but I sure wish I'd never gotten rid of it. After Perry Swift made new pins and a couple of other parts it was fine. None of the barrels were weighted the same, and for a gun that was supposed to list for $23K, that wasn't a good thing. Al Lujtic never had an answer for any of my questions and refused to help me with the parts problems. Talk to you soon.

BB

20. Indyrun

Indyrun Member

0   0   0

I've seen this piece. It is stunning. The paramount example of Belgium craftsmanship! The best of the best from Browning. If you are into Brownings this is The Gun to own!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.