1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Brand new lap top computer

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by reddeath, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

0   0   0

Did Santa forget to get you a laptop computer? Well I am here to help! I bought this laptop from newegg.com the price with $10.00 shipping totaled $799.98. I did not realize that it only had a 14" screen. And I wanted something a bit bigger, but this would be perfect for someone who on the move.

The screen is on the smaller end of the spectrum, but that is all that is small about this computer. It is a power house boasting everything you want and need in a laptop. This little computer is probably better then the computer you are using now! Here are the specifications:

Model
    Brand
    Acer
    Series
    TravelMate
    Model
    TM8472-7254
    Part#
    LX.TYV03.021
    General
    Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
    CPU Type
    Intel Core i5-560M(2.66GHz)
    Screen
    14"
    Memory Size
    4GB DDR3
    Hard Disk
    320GB
    Optical Drive
    DVD Super Multi
    Graphics Card
    Intel HD Graphics
    Video Memory
    128MB
    Communication
    Modem, Gigabit LAN and WLAN
    Battery Life
    Up to 7.0 hours
    Dimensions
    13.6" x 9.8" x 1.1" - 1.3"
    Weight
    5.3 lbs

Also it is still in warranty from the factory! Have a problem just send it back!

Now for the price I will give it away for $425.00 and that includes shipping. I will also guarantee that the computer will not be D.O.A. if you have any problems I will take it back. There is nothing loaded on it. It will come to you as it would brand new from the factory.

I would put it on ebay but I am tired of paying stupid fees and I was hoping to help out one of my fellow trap shooters!

Thanks for looking!

2. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

0   0   0

for got image!

3. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

0   0   0

This has scam written allover it..

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

New from Sears... at $578

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM1857458801P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM5721140003

Everywhere else is "out of stock" or available as a re-furbished unit only - this suggests that it is a discontinued model (that is not necessarily a bad thing). Could be a good deal for the right price...

5. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Might be a good idea to search the username prior to declaring a post to be a scam.

I read nothing in any of reddeath's other posts that would cause me to mistrust him.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm very interested but can't commit until I speak with our son, who is away on business until Friday. If I can, I'd like to put a "hold" on it until then.

Ed

7. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

0   0   0

HSLDS- i looked at your Sears ad and what is missing from that page is the exact description of hard drive size and speed memory amount, etc. Computers are like guns - if I had posted a K-80 for $5k I would be bombarded with emails with questions like barrel length, choke tubes, quality of the wood, if the stock was adjustable etc. because all of these things add value same with a computer! You need to know everything before making a price evaluation. If I was to see all the specifications of the one from Sears, I would be the first to tell you I was wrong.

Tanda1- thank you!!!!!!!!

Averaged - Just let me know. If I cannot sell it.... I will hand it out as a door prize at my youth shoot.

Thanks All for looking!

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Heck of a door prize, wow!

9. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Reddeath,

Didn't mean to rain on your parade. Was merely responding to the idea that this was a scam - I think not, by the way.

Nothing wrong with the machine - it looks to be a tad older model (again, nothing wrong with that), and I suspect you got a good deal from New Egg in that it was probably a 'close out' item (I am making assumptions here).

From my research the model number (Part# LX.TYV03.021) gives the configuration as you post it - again, I could be wrong.

As an FYI this brand is wildly popular in Europe - might in fact be the market leader through much of the Continent - they are just starting to crank up their movement into the US.

My experience is that they are tough machines - run well, work well. Support (I do my own - so I am talking about down loads and drivers) is actually quite good.

I stick to my earlier comment - could be a good deal.

10. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

0   0   0

up on more time

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My son already bought something but thanks for your consideration anyway.

Ed

12. MonTe

MonTe TS Member

0   0   0

I am interested in your computer. I sent a PM to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.