1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S BLANKS F/S MYRTLE, ENGLISH, BLACK REDUCED!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Clearing the old drying racks and testing racks to make room for the thousands of Royal Walnut blanks I'm cutting now that my young assistant has a new supply of Mizer and Jet blades. These are blanks that have been used to test the drying properties of different locations/buildings in southern Oregon over the last seven years. All are air dried only, bone dry and ready to work. There are no high-falutin' Quadruple Exhibition AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA blanks in the sale and the prices reflect that reality. Both sides of each blank will be shown along with measurements (all four) and price. At these prices, I'd appreciate your help with the shipping. When you claim a blank or two, let me know the state to which I'm sending the blank(s) and I'll let you know the precise UPS cost to get it there. I never charge for the box, the pretty pictures that go with the shipment, the invoice or my time to get that stuff together.

Here we go:

IMG_2871.jpg?

IMG_2872.jpg?

B73 is a nice straight grained black walnut blank with a sinewy broken fiddleback showing in several places. Dimensions are 20 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches wide. Price with matching forend is $99.00. Shows a reddish tint throughout.

IMG_2877.jpg?

IMG_2878.jpg?

ES-4 is a well laid-out English walnut blank with excellent marbling on the right side and straight figure on the left side. There is a small bark inclusion visible on the left side which is about 1/4 inch deep and 3/8 inches long. It should mill out during duplication. This is a great utility English blank with measurements of 20 inches long, 7 5/8 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. Price with matching forend is $149.00.

IMG_2876.jpg?

IMG_2875.jpg?

MS-4 is a beautiful candy-stripe Myrtlewood blank showing multiple bands of different colors and a distinctive deep black line running through both sides of the entire blank. The typical myrtlewood shimmer covers the background completely. Perfectly straight grain and a strong layout make this an excellent choice for your first Myrtlewood project. Guaranteed to please, dimensions are 20 inches long, 7 5/8 inches tall at the butt, 4 3/8 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick. Price with a matching forend is $129.00.

IMG_2874.jpg?

IMG_2873.jpg?

MS-5 is a Myrtlewood utility grade blank with candle flame figure in the heart of the blank. Excellent layout and straight grain make this one ideal for any application. Measurements are 20 inches long, 7 3/4 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. Price with matching forend is $99.00.

IMG_2880.jpg?

IMG_2879.jpg?

MS-6 is a Myrtlewood blank showing a combination of feather, shimmer and excellent layout. There is a fine check under the feather on one side that may need some attention from the stockmaker. Not uncommon in feathers of any species and it has not moved in 6 years. Price for this skinny feather and matching forend blank is $149.00.

First confirmation at the email above gets his/her name on that numbered blank. Again, please let me know what state it's going to and I'll respond with shipping costs. If you have my phone number, please don't call before 9AM west coast time. It upsets the dogs (and the wife).

Email with any questions and thanks for looking.

Mike Mann

2. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

Mike,

I sent you an E-mail about the flameshell maple

3. atexaspete

atexaspete Member

0   0   0

Mike,
    Is M12 maple or myrtle? If it's myrtle, I'll take it.
    Mike

4. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

to the top for a beautiful peice of maple, maybe youd consider a trade for some nice claro?

steven

5. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Folks,

M-12 is now sold and will be delivered to its new owner at the California State Shoot in Kingsburg this weekend.

Five of these still occupying valuable space so let's reduce prices on B-73, ES-4, and MS-4, 5 and 6 by 20%, you pick up the shipping. Multiples maybe I can do a little better. Let me know because I need the space.

Mike Mann

6. James.c

James.c Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.