1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S BLACK WALNUT BLANKS SOLD $$ F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Here we go again. My young miller needs a set of new blades for his Wood-Mizer and I only pay him in wood (his request). He has asked me to see if anyone is interested in a couple blanks from these magnificent Black Walnut stumps we've started milling. Both of these are fresh cut and green and will probably be ready to work about three years from now. He's pricing them based on the fact that they're green, knowing that they'll be worth two to three times his asking price when dry.

The first is a two-piece set with the stock blank a little shorter than our normal 20 inch measure. This fantastically burled blank is 17 1/4 inches long, 7 3/4 tall at the butt, 5 3/4 inches tall at the receiver and a full 2 3/4 inches thick. The forend blank, which was originally part of the same rifle blank, measures 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 and is a monster at 17 inches long. This set would be perfect for a pump or semi-automatic application as well as all but the longest inletted sets.

w5andw6003.jpg?

w5andw6002.jpg?

The second blank on the market is a full rifle measuring 36 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 3 1/4 inches tall at the muzzle and a full 2 3/4 inches thick. We'll let the pictures do the talking.

w5andw6004.jpg?

w5andw6005.jpg?

The dark line(s) at the tip of this rifle blank is/are a graft line. This one would be equally awesome as a rifle or a shotgun set. Both blanks are wet and will require about three years to be ready to work. Put either one of these beauties in your drying rack for $235.00 or take the pair for $400.00. BOTH BLANKS ARE SOLD. At these prices, we'll ask you to please pick up the shipping. First response at the email above gets first choice of either or both of these beauties.

Thanks for looking,

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

0   0   0

3. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Shooters help this guy out. The .055 blades are very expensive and these are nice pcs of wood! Phil in Colorado.

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

My young assistant is a little disappointed that somebody hasn't jumped all over these two. He's asked me to drop the prices to get these two moving. Poor kid is looking at 100 tons of Black (Royal) Walnut stumps and burls and has one blade left on his 'Mizer. What he doesn't know (and don't any of you tell him) is that I went ahead and paid for the pack of blades this morning. He'll be a millin' fool by the weekend.

Now I'm the one in the $ hole, so let's go ahead and drop the price to $199.00 for either and $350.00 if you take the pair. Since I'm getting stuck for the shipping on the blades, I might as well get stuck with the shipping on these two blanks.

First one in at the email above or PM gets the first choice.

Mike Mann

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Phil,

Thanks for the comment. Good to hear from a professional. Let's talk Myrtlewood some day.

Mike

6. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I will take them- Phil

Send me an email to pkiner@philkiner.com before 10am mtn time and I will get you a check in the mail today

otherwise it will have to wait until monday

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Both blanks are sold. Thanks for looking and thanks Phil.

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

phil kiner gunstock blanks