1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S BLACK WALNUT BEAUTY SOLD + 1F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

We've started the cutting on the 100 tons of Black Walnut that was harvested last year. The quality of the average blank is blowing away even our original expectations. The young man who is operating the milling equipment for me (I'm old, not stupid) occasionally elects to be compensated in product and has asked me to put a wet stick up for sale now and then to help put food on the table for his wife and two daughters.

The blank pictured below measures 36 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 2 1/2 inches tall at the muzzle and is 2 5/8 inches thick. I'll let the pictures do the talking. This blank was cut and end sealed two months ago and had already dropped 20% of its water. My estimate is that three years of air-drying only will have this one ready for the stock maker. For those of you who utilize faster drying methods you know what to expect.

Feel free to PM me or email to the address above with any questions. When dry this blank will sell in the $500.00 to $750.00 range. $250.00 plus shipping (16 pounds) will make this beauty yours. Blank plus a matching blank ARE SOLD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three pics of left side from different angles to the sun. Yes those are tiny blind burl patches throughout the blank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three images of the right side. The dark line at the muzzle is a graft line which won't come into play in any application.

[​IMG]

Close-up left side.

[​IMG]

Close-up right side.

Outstanding Black Walnut blank that will be the foundation for either a fine rifle or a braggin-piece shotgun. Thanks for looking.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC Your Myrtlewood (and Maple and English Walnut and Black Walnut) Source

2. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

0   0   0

Do you have a similar (close to matching) piece for a second butt stock?
    Wayne 406-727-2334

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Wayne,

Just spoke with my cutter and there are several in his collection that will be very close. Pictures will be forthcoming to your email.

This blank is sold.

Thanks, Mike Mann

4. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

0   0   0

Hi M.

Can you please give me your phone number or call me at 612-6702-6271.
    I am interested, but have a guestion or two.

Thanks

Lew D. Boyko

5. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

0   0   0

Mike, that is good to hear, I look foward to seeing them. Can you shoot the pictures with each addl. blank with the origional?

UNLOADER I had the same feeling after talking with him yesterday.
    Wayne

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Wayne,

Yes I can shoot them together. I should have a couple candidates for the closely matching blank by Monday. I'll communicate them by email.

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.