1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S BLACK MYRTLE BLANKS RARE @REDUCED@ F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

These are even more difficult to find than Tiger Stripe Myrtle as is evidenced by the fact that I've only seen 4 full Black Myrtlewood blanks in over forty years. Black Myrtle is the densest and heaviest of all Myrtle and is several shades darker than the famous "Chocolate Myrtle" featured on this site by Stu Gabriel. When finished, it is a much deeper color than most Black Walnuts. There are two pieces up for sale. The first is a thin shotgun blank that would be perfect for a SxS european design stock or a smaller guage over/under. Dimensions are 18 3/4" long, 7" tall at the butt, 3" tall at the receiver and 2 1/8 inches thick. The thickness would work for most 12 guage applications as long as the stock was relatively straight. There is a beautiful burst of fiddleback through the meat of the stock that will finish in a very dramatic fashion. Both blanks are ten years old and bone dry. Pictures follow:

IMG_0155.jpg?

IMG_0152.jpg?

IMG_0150.jpg?

IMG_0149.jpg?

Two views of each side from different angles. Yes, it is really that black and it is Myrtlewood. I've applied one coat of TruOil to both sides to show the real depth of the color. I don't have a matching forend blank for this one now, but the possibility of finding one is pretty good as I'll be touring the mills again in a few weeks. If you are thinking about doing a straight grip stock, this blank will yield enough for a splinter forend. Because it's thin and without a separate forend blank, price is $375.00 reduced to $295.00 and reduced again to $250.00.

Second blank is a full rifle blank with perfectly straight grain through the entire length of the blank. Fantastic wave through the bulk of the butt with typical Myrtlewood shimmer just waiting to be released from behind the deep black grain. Immense measurements at 38 1/2" long, 7 1/4" tall at the butt, 2 3/4" tall at the muzzle and a full 2 1/2" thick. There is a small burl check at the 21" mark on the left side that I've had diagnosed by two high-end stock makers who both assured me it was surface only and will mill out in the duplication phase for a rifle and will be cut out if this blank is cut for a two-piece application. This is more black Myrtle than any one of us is likely to see again in our lifetimes, and qualifies as "rare". Pictures follow:

IMG_0178.jpg?

IMG_0177.jpg?

IMG_0180.jpg?

Three images of left side, all taken dry. I couldn't wet this blank because it's so dense that the water stayed on the surface and gave the picture solid glare. The small check is inside the black circle just ahead of the grip.

IMG_0175.jpg?

IMG_0168.jpg?

Right side images taken from different angles also dry. Background is deep, deep chocolate with black grain lines and shimmer hiding behind all the darkness. Price for this one is $750.00 reduced to $650.00 and IS SOLD PRF. If you want both of these, the extra length of the rifle blank will be more than enough to yield a forend blank for the shotgun stock blank. As always, first confirmation at the email address above gets the first shot at going home with one or both of these sweethearts.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC

2. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Both blanks reduced for the duration of the weekend. Email to address above with any "Questions".

Mike Mann

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

M16 is sold pending receipt of funds and the shotgun blank is reduced again, for the last time, to $250.00. I will find a forend blank for this one, given a little time.

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.