1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Beretta SO4

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by esetter, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gun is spoken for at this time, thanks for all the calls. I have for sale a very nice Beretta SO4 that has all the bells and whistles not commonly found in these guns. Gun has 29 1/2 inch Boehler Antinit Steel barrels said to be the best steel in the world for barrels. These barrels are choked .028 bottom and .038 top. This gun has the single selective trigger (option not found on many SO guns)with very crisp trigger pulls. Gun also has the rather rare hand detachable sidelocks which is a nice option allowing you to removed the locks with no tools. Weight of the gun is 8 pounds 1 ounce and balances beautifully. Gun has very slight toe out cast off for right hand shooter (very slight). Stock dimensions are 1 7/16 X 1 3/4 X 2 (end of monte carlo stock). Length of pull is 14 1/2 inches over a 1 inch pad. Gun comes with original paperwork but no case.

This would make a wonderful Trap Doubles gun, a great Bunker Trap gun, or Pigeon Gun. Send it off and have screw in chokes installed and it would be a wonderful Sporting Clays gun.

Replacement cost on this gun today would be over $25000. Selling price of this gun is $5600 plus $50 shipping in Continental U.S. Gun is in excellent condition with light handling marks and appears to have been shot very little.

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=IMG_0246.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=IMG_0237.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=IMG_0274.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=IMG_0255.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=IMG_0248.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view¤t=IMG_0265.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

esetter,

This just isn't fair. I had my mind set on the next gun purchase and you had to post this S04. You're killing me!

BTW very, very, nice gun.

ss

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

This is a great gun. Whoever buys it.... Please oh PLEASE don't send it for Screw Ups. These are hand made guns that have hand honed chokes and can throw great patterns so DON'T SCREW IT UP.

Wish I had the money to buy it.

Tom

4. pigeonator

pigeonator TS Member

0   0   0

Esetter I have sent you a regular email regarding the S04.

5. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Gerry, What a great live bird gun! You sure you don't need some high grade wood work done???????????? Phil Simms

6. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Why Phil, do you know someone that does stock work????????? Just kidding, if you are interested in the gun call me. Gerry Addison

7. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

A great gun at a VERY fair price!!

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Oh man! What a beautiful gun! If I win the Powerball tomorrow night, I am going to buy it and then send it to Walnutmaker for some finishing touches!

Matt Woodson

9. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gun is spoken for at this time. Thanks for all the kind words and phone calls. If the gentleman changes his mind I will call you back in the order the calls were received. Thanks, Gerry

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

for a pigeon gun, wouldn't this gun just beat the snot out of ya with those pigeon loads?

the bores are 18.4, correct? and a weight of 8lbs, I thought with pigeon loads this would be too light?

nice gun though....

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

I'm glad it's sold, saves me from contemplating if I want another one. :)

This is one of the best buys, one step up would be a used $10,000 SO5, the only difference is a little simplified sidelock with one less pin.

Good deal.

12. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Steve, If I get a good deal on a gun I try to pass it along and allow someone else to feel good.

13. lexbizket

lexbizket Member

0   0   0

Wow, what a great price!!!
    Im in the market for a so series gun
    love how they shoot and pattern!
    The SO4 is a very responsive gun, shot one in
    Guadalajara at a pigeon shoot, i believe the fellow
    that let me shoot it was Peter Worth.
    Interested if gun doesnt sell, thank you

14. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

0   0   0

real nice, perfect for pigeons or international trap. old school, handmade gun.

15. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

0   0   0

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Do these have drop out trigger groups?

17. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

No, these are sidelock guns, trigger is just a lifting bar.

Here's a pic of my H&H (back action) sidelock off the receiver to show where the trigger is merely a lifting bar inside the stock (rear opening). Everything (almost) is on the side plates.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta so4 live pigeon gun for sale

beretta so4 unsingle barrel for sale