1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II Trap O/U

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by acss, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

MIND IF I HELP!-I FLIPPED THEM OVER!--THIS IS A GOOD BUY!
    acss_2008_030338.jpg

acss_2008_030339.jpg

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'll give you another tip to make that gun have more eye appeal. Clean that Beretta oil finish with Murphy's Oil Soap and you might be amazed at how much more wood figure shows up. Just don't use a cloth you ever want to use again - what comes off that finish will shock you!

Ed

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ed, do you mix up the oil soap with water as the directions indicate? when done do you need to add anything to the finish (wax etc)? I shot the NHSS in the pouring rain last week and the stock looks dull now...fc

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

OOPS - I didn't read the instructions! Can you believe a man not doing that?

My wife handed me her bottle of it, I rubbed the wood with it and then buffed it off. The old hand towel I was using turned dark reddish-brown to black in color and the wood actually had a mild sheen to it with a lot more figure visible.

It was not as dramatic a change as when I had the wood refinished a year later but it certainly looked nicer than it did originally. Especially if your Beretta has an EELL wood upgrade (30LPI checkering is a tip-off), you probably will be very surprised and pleased with how much figure that factory finish is hiding. The stockmaker who refinished mine claims it is 300 year-old Turkish walnut.

Ed

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

clenzoil in black bottle is great also-- ---does this have a right hand palm swell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta silver pigeon ii refinishing

beretta silver pigeon2 687 refinishing