1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S BASTOGNE WALNUT BLANK #2 SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

There has been a lot of interest in the first Bastogne Walnut blank that I listed a few days ago and I believe it's sold. As soon as I have confirmation from the buyer, I'll mark it sold. Based on that, I'm showing a second Bastogne blank from the same slab that produced the first one. Only five pictures this time since the sun hasn't shown here in southern Oregon for the last two days, and I'm still experimenting with the indoor flash getting the fiddleback to show as dramatic in these blanks as it really is.

Measurements of this beauty are 36 inches long, 8 3/4 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the muzzle and a full 2 1/2 inches thick. It is ten years dry, stable and displays fantastic colors with reds, deep, deep browns and splashes of gold plus the insane full-coverage fiddleback from its Black Walnut lineage and excellent stripe, density and straight black mold lines from its English Walnut side of the family.

The more-than-ample measurements on this one will cover the largest of big bore rifles as well as complex shotgun applications. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two views of right side with second pic showing fiddleback through and through the complete blank. Right side has 1 coat of Tru-Oil applied to show the colors that can be expected in the finished product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two views of left side from different angles to show off the intense fiddleback that is characteristic of Bastogne. Both left side pictures were taken dry. No water, no alcohol. Truth in selling and that IS a schmutz mark out toward the muzzle, not a defect.

[​IMG]

Top view of front half of blank showing dead straight grain through the blank. You can see the saw marks with a left to right slant and the fiddleback with a right to left slant. There will not be any fiddleback void in the finished product. Price on this blank is $595.00 and I'll handle the shipping to the lower 48. BLANK HAS BEEN SOLD.

Regards and thanks for looking,

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC

2. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

0   0   0

Mike, I wish I knew how to PM on this site. I'm interested in this wood. Can I ask you to please send an e-mail to my work address? I'm shooting today, bbut will check my e-mails when I return home tonight.

Thank you, Matt Nicol

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Matt,

Email sent.

Mike

4. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

0   0   0

I did not get your e-mail Mike, please call me about this blank when you have a free moment. 419-806-6402.

Thanks, Matt

5. rsikole

rsikole Member

0   0   0

Hi Mike,

PM sent.

Rob

6. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

0   0   0

Hey Mike send me your phone number when you get a chance.

Jess

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Matt, Rob and Jess,

Either PMs, email or phone messages sent, per your request.

Thanks,

Mike Mann

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bastogne #2 is SOLD. Thanks to all for looking. Keep your eyes open for Bastogne #3, coming soon. See me at Livermore, California Saturday and Sunday to view members of the Bastogne family in person.

Thanks again, Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.