1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Antiue fishing lure collection

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jrbshooter, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrbshooter

jrbshooter TS Member

0   0   0

Collection of approximately 60 antique lures for sale. Variety of lures, wood, plastic, metal. Brands from Heddon, c.c.b.co., pflueger, arbogast and more aswell as some imported lures. Collection also includes 5 c.c.b.co. boxes a zebco 33 reel with box and a pflueger reel. A wooden display case and a tackle box with hooks weights and many other tools are also included with collection. Everything goes for $400.00 OBO. Call Jim at 520-908-1143, or email at jrbshooter@sbcglobal.net Seller location Tucson, AZ.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

Sheesh,maybe I better display some of my fishing stuff from my shed.I'll be watching this one to see if I need to put something together.

Doug H.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have the exact Tackle Box with cork tray bottoms and many of the lures. I also have quite a few antique Mitchell reels. Had no idea they held value. Hmmmm

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Many of the above lures and fishing items look real familiar. I cut my fishing teeth on Shakespear level wind eels, Arbogast jiterbugs, Heddon sonics and river runts, U29 Flatfish, Silver Minnows and Neal spinners.

I caught a 3 1/2 pound 19" Smallmouth Bass on a white, wood 1/2 oz. Bomber in Gun Lake, MI in 1965. In 1994, the last time I fished Gun Lake, I caught a 2 pound Smallmouth in the same area also using a white Bomber.

My conclusion is that Smallmouth Bass cannot tell time.

Ebay often has collector fishing lures for sale. I once paid $46 for a yellow and black Neal spinner lure and have caught several fish on it since. I do use at least 14# test with that lure.

Ed Ward

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Contact Tommy Greene at Custom Rod & Reel in Lighthouse Point, FL. Tell him Rob Middlemas sent you.

WNCRob

6. School Teacher

0   0   0

Looking at the collection time, the lure boxes may be the most valuable items present.

Ed Ward

7. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Had to go find my collection from the 70's.. That Rapala was a bass magnet..

Doug

[​IMG]

8. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

0   0   0

Dogbbbb, are those Mitchell Garcia 300 spools? BIG JIM

9. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Jim

The two at the top are from a 308 and 408. I also have two that are from a 300. Do you need one.

Doug

10. School Teacher

0   0   0

When the Rapala first came out in the late 1950's or so they were dynamite. On Kentucky lake for a while, they would rent for $5 a day with a $25 deposit.

The spools in the tackle box look like Mitchell 300 spools to me. They also might be for a Mitchell 308, one of the best small spinning reels ever made.

Ed Ward

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Somewhere i have a box full of old Mitchell reels and spools including the little plastic spool cases that the lid screws on. I know there is also a huge Mitchell Reel with a spool like 4" in diameter. I use to use it for catfish. I guess its an ocean rig. My dad had bought it at a store that was closing. Its funny looking and probably worth something.

12. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

0   0   0

Dougbbbb, no, but thanks. I have several. I still like to fish with the 300. I got my favorite back about 1970 or so. I still have one of the newer models new in the box. BIG JIM

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

I still have a few fred Arbogast lures w/original boxes that date from the late 50's & early 60's, also my very 1st Mitchell 300.

Curt

14. School Teacher

0   0   0

The pictures of the "cuttyhunk" linen lines brings back memories. In the 1950's, a lot of fishing line was black, braided nylon, sold in hardware stores, that was hard to use and visible to the fish. Wise anglers sent off to specialized sources to get better line.

In the 1950's, before free spool fishing reels were popular, I used to use a Shakespear level wind reel with light weight nylon main gears. Yes, I realize that Record/Ambassedur free spool reels predate WW II but I never saw one until the early 1960's.

My Shakespear nylon level wind was green in color and I spooled it with what was then called "cuttyhunk" or "squidding" line. It came in 18, 27 and 36 pound strengths. It was a pale green and white in color.

This line was made of dacron and sucked up water. After a short period of use, this line would flatten out on the spool and was very easy to control. It was strong and had very little stretch. I would tie on six-eight feet of 12 pound test monofilament and this combination was very effective.

I used a Shakespear six foot Wonderod with he offset reel seat and an oversized butt. I have over 30 or so rod and reel combinations of many tyoes but that was my favorite. It "disappeared" along with a lot of my other stuff while I was in the Army during the 1960's. My younger brothers must have felt that whatever I left behind was theirs for the taking.

Today, braided dacron fishing line in heavier weights is used as backing on fly reels.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.