1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Antique Duck Call-SOLD !

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by SCtrapshooter, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCtrapshooter

SCtrapshooter TS Member

0   0   0

Antique wooden Duck Call circa 1950. No markings. Appears to be walnut (?). My Dad had this call on my first duck hunt in 1950. A great collector's item. $25.00. Please E-mail me if interested. Tom McBroom, Chapin, SC

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I encourage you to reconsider selling this. Your dad had it on your first duck hunt?? You will regret it.

3. psfive

psfive Member

0   0   0

I too would ask you to think long and hard about selling this duck call. I have both dads and grand dads duck calls. I also have my wife's grand dads duck call. Never in a million years would I consider selling them. Paul in Nebraska.

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There's no way in hell you could get enough dollars to offset the personal value.
    I sold my Fathers first gun,a Browning Sweet Sixteen. The only reason being, is because it was a young fellow who I knew a little and was into bird hunting with a dog. Dad had bought it new in the early 60's when I got him into shooting. Two barrels and in mint shape. I charged the kid $700 which I knew was a substantial amount for him. He finally took it after thinking on it for a week or so. Lo and behold he called a few days later all excited wanting to know if I had another one as he had a friend that would like one also. I get my pleasure from knowing the gun is out in the field being used rather than in the safe doing nothing. I wish I had some of my old Herters calls. Bob

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I have a hundred. How many do you want?

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

When I got to town about 8 years ago, I was a-sittin at a local watering hole next to a decent sort of guy and we got to BS-n. You know the routine. I was kinda new to town and I asked him about fishing on the river and then that turned to hunting and then on to my decoy and call collection. He said he had some old calls from years gone back an I told them I would like to see them and be glad to appraise them. He said he did not hunt anymore and had no use for them. I ran into him about 3 months later at about the same bar stools in the same bar and he said he had the calls. I racked my brain to recall and then it came back about his calls. He went to his car and retrieved two really nice calls and gave them to me. Strangely, one of the calls was a Tex Wirtz call and stranger than that I used to date Wirtz' daughter. If size were any indication she had great capacity for a highball call for ducks. She was a great hug. Wirtz made calls and decoys. Sold one of his mold sets to the Wisconsin producer (I forget the name). He died just a couple years after I dated his daughter and the daughter passed on quite early as well.

My friend was a market analyst for Northwest airlines and about 50 years old. He developed a virulent cancer about 2 years ago and died. I am the only one left to carry on these tid-bits of stuff.

They are part of my collection and proving once again that provenance has great value in collecting.

7. SCtrapshooter

SCtrapshooter TS Member

0   0   0

Paul, I have several great guns that were Dad's that I will never part with. I also have his favorite Randall knife and the fond memories of 39 consecutive "Opening Days" of hunting season spent in the woods together. I wouldn't take any amount of money for his old model 11 Remington (circa1925), it's not worth much, but it means the world to me! I take it turkey hunting every year. Thank's for the nice note! Tom McBroom

8. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

If you still have it please send Pictures. Thanks

9. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tom, I'll buy the call.. please send me a PM where to send payment.

THANK YOU,
    Jerry B.

10. SCtrapshooter

SCtrapshooter TS Member

0   0   0

Jerry, did you get my message, the call is yours! Please send me $25.00 for the call plus $5.00 shipping (total $30.00. My address is 172 Heimatsweg Rd,Chapin SC 29036. I prefer a postal M.O. but will accept your personal check.
    please acknowledge by return E-mail. Thanks! Tom McBroom.

11. setool

setool Member

0   0   0

Talking with my wife the other day, and somehow the fact I may have too many firearms (Her opinion, strictly, lol) came up. She wanted to know why ???

I stuttered and stammered a bit, then told her "when I go to the Happy Huntin' Grounds, my boys can sell em' off, if they wish, and have a HELL OF A PARTY".

BUT, one MAJOR stipulation was made... My Dad's Ithaca 20 side by side N.I.D. was to NEVER be sold, period. As a young kid,I seen him take it from on old rust bucket to a very beautiful piece, including his own hand checkering and all, at Mom's kitchen table. He hunted with it, I hunted with it, and my son, Nick shot his first pheasant with it.

It has since been retired to the safe. I had it appraised at $2,750.00.

I wouldn't sell it for $22,750.00... you can't value your fondest memories.

Thank's Dad

Mark Schneider

12. psfive

psfive Member

0   0   0

Mark

There are a hand full of things that when I go some one is going to say why in the world did he keep this. The reason is they never had the benefit of the memory attached to the item. Valuable or not it's the memories. Paul in Nebraska.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

antique nebraska duck calls

did tex wirtz make duck calls
did tex wirtz make wooden duck call
tex wirtz duck calls