1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F\S "Add-On Raised Rib"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hydeal, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydeal

hydeal Member

F\S Add-On Raised Rib

If you would like to purchase one of these ribs you can email us with what rib you would like to order and we will email you back with a credit\debit card checkout page to speed the process up. The website box above should have a link to a purchase order page if you would like to call or mail out the order form. We send donations to David for any sales referred from this forum. Email us with any questions you may have or a better printable price & order form and we will return them right of way.

Thanks, Scott

Dickgshot thanked this.
  2. oletymer

oletymer Member

F\S

How do these attach to the existing rib? I did not see anything on your site. They look good in the pictures and your size range is good.

3. JS

JS TS Member

F\S

If some of you shooters have one of these ribs, please comment. Thanks.

4. JS

JS TS Member

F\S

^

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

F\S

Browning GTI's have a Broadway Rib. How is the recessed area compensated for?

6. hydeal

hydeal Member

F\S Add-On Raised Rib

Dave,

If you are speaking of the recessed center area that looks like the Kreighoffs the .030 thickness tape makes up for that. It's much better to have a recessed center than a raised center. Hope this helps.

Scott

7. charlie1951

charlie1951 TS Member

F\S

I bought one of these from Scott about a week ago. All emails leading up to the sale were promptly and cordially answered. The rib arrived very quickly via USPS priority mail, and was packaged in such a way that it couldn't be damaged in shipment.

Because my existing rib is a little short, I cut off part of the rib using a fine blade on a chop saw. This worked well. I installed the rib on my Beretta using the tape and clamps. Once installed, the darn thing was simply immovable. I wasn't happy with my crooked install job, so I went to Wally World and purchased an inexpensive roll of 20 pound fishing line to use for un-installation. As difficult a chore as this was, and as tough as it was to remove all the tape from both the gun and the rib, I can't believe that it ever would have come loose under normal shooting conditions. I'm going to re-install using RTV, and hope that I can do my part a little better this time.

I recommend Scott and his product very highly, and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Charlie W.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

F\S

For most ribs, RTV is much better. There's no gap between the ribs, you can
    correct the alignment before the glue sets, it does not ever come off unless you want to remove it, in which case it is very easy to remove it by simply making a little slit between the ribs with a razor blade or thin blade knife.
    The RTV cleans easily with alcohol, and probably a lot of other harmless chemicals.
    I don't know why they sell it with tape.

9. nickster

nickster TS Member

F\S

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's RTV?

Steve

10. nickster

nickster TS Member

F\S

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's RTV?

Steve

11. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

F\S

Scott's ribs are extremely well designed and finished. The included instructions are clear and make installation a breeze.

Rollin

12. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

F\S

RTV is silicone adhesive. It is easy to remove with a razor blade if you ever want the rib off. Much easier to remove than the 3M tape.

Jeff

13. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

F\S

RTV : Room Temperature Vulcanizing

14. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

F\S

Scott,

I have finally added your name and e-mail address to the "Suppliers" section of my book. I hope it results in more sales of your fine ribs.

Rollin

15. rrose

rrose TS Member

F\S

I need to remove one of Scotts ribs. How do I get it off???
    I like the rib a lot how ever I have to sell my KS5 and I want to keep the rib for my 391.
    please help.
    thanks
    randy

16. charlie1951

charlie1951 TS Member

F\S

Randy, you can do what I did and buy some inexpensive fishing line. I bought
    20 lb test, and even at that weight, had several breakages.

All you do is cut a piece of line long enough so that you can wrap it around both hands a couple of times. Clamp the barrel in a vise (with padding of course) and carefully insert the fishing line between the add-on rib and the existing rib on the gun. Simply "saw" back and forth along the length of the rib in order to cut through the tape. You may end up cutting several lengths of line before you get the job done, because the sharp edges of both ribs will deteriorate the line rather quickly.

Once you've separated the two ribs, you can use your thumb to sort of "rub" the remains of the tape off of both the add-on rib and the original rib. Should you have any trouble, you can buy either Goof-off or De-SolvIt at most any Home Depot or Lowes. These products will soften the 3M adhesive and make it easier to remove, without damaging either the finish on the add-on or the gun.

Charlie W.

17. mike31z

mike31z Member

F\S

To remove a rib you can also use dental floss. I done it it a lot of times and i use Goo Gone and a bamboo toothpick to help in the removal of the old RTV. I got one of these ribs but have not installed it yet.

18. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

F\S

Goo Gone is also available at most shoe stores that sell athletic shoes, and I believe at Wal Marts

19. rrose

rrose TS Member

F\S

I have 2 of these ribs and could not be happier with them. I have now had each on 2 different guns and they are still great. I can not imagine shooting without a raised rib any more and this seems like the best way to do it.
    On top of the shooting results they look really cool.
    RR

20. ragman

ragman TS Member

F\S

Where can I get buy RTV.??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.