1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S Acrylic Reservoirs for Ponsness/Warren Loaders

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeeljc, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Here is something different for your P/W loader. Are you tired of not being able to see the powder and shot levels through your EZ-FILL hopper? My crystal clear acrylic reservoirs will solve the problem.

The reservoirs come in two sizes. The small set is the same height as the EZ-FILL hopper and holds just over a half bag of shot and a pound of powder. This set is ideal for sub-gauge loading.

The large set holds a full bag of shot and a pound of powder. The shot reservoir is larger in diameter and the tubes are 3” taller than the small set.

The tubes on these reservoirs are made of Acrylic plastic (Plexiglas). They are almost as clear as glass. They have tight fitting caps. The Acrylic Reservoirs mount on any EZ-FILL base (mine, P/W plastic, P/W aluminum) and are secured with a set screw.

Small Set: Shot reservoir is 3.5" dia. and the powder reservoir is 2.75" dia. Both reservoirs are 7.75" tall.

Large Set: Shot reservoir is 4.0" dia. and the powder reservoir is 2.75" dia. Both reservoirs are 11" tall.

The base in the photos IS NOT INCLUDED with the set of reservoirs.

The price is $90.00 for the small set and $100.00 for the large set. Shipping is based on your location.

Email or PM me if you are interested in a set.

Jim Skeel

Small Set:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Large Set:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is how my Acrylic Reservoirs compare to the P/W EZ-FILL Hopper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Large Reservoirs--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Small Reservoirs

The Large Reservoirs are a little over 3" taller than the P/W EZ-FILL Hopper.

Here are the Small Reservoirs on my new 800 Plus - .410 gauge of course!

[​IMG]

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Where is your counter?

3. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

0   0   0

Hello Jim, I bought two of your top plates previously. Very nice craftmanship on the top plates.

I notice an absence of conventional baffles on your new reervoirs. Do you feel conventional baffles are unnecessary with your design?

Michael Stephenson

4. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Michael, the powder reservoir has a flat floor with three holes that meter the powder into the riser. This is an effective powder baffle. My powder drops are within + - 0.1 grain with the reservoir.

The bottom of the shot reservoir is sloped 30 degrees from the horizontal. This serves to reduce the static pressure on the shot in the riser. Shot is not compressible so a baffle is not needed.

Jim Skeel

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the information Jim. Please check your E-mail.

Michael Stephenson

6. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

0   0   0

Jim,

I received the PW counter and the acrylic reservoirs that I ordered from you today. I have them mounted on my PW with the .410 dies. I haven't had a chance to try them out (too busy today) but I have them filled.

Some may ask why order these when you can use the original PW shot/powder containers? Using smaller gauges requires less shot and powder and besides I can't even see through my PW 800+ 12ga reservoirs they are so dark.

The quality is great just like everything I have ordered from you. When you first started making the top plates I asked you if you could make the top plate with removable bushing holes. In short order you made them and I believe I was the first to order them from you.

You did a great service in making the plates available to shooters when only the junk plastic plates were available from PW.

I appreciate all the time and work you have put into making the PW machine better.

Michael Stephenson

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

TTT

8. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

Jim, is there any reason why you can not make the reservoir tubes longer to hold more shot and powder? Tom

9. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Tom,

I have also made some larger reservoirs to fit the EZ-FILL base. The shot reservoir is 4" diameter by 11" tall and holds 25# of shot. The powder reservoir is 2-3/4" diameter by 11" tall and holds a pound of powder. The price is $100.00 plus actual shipping.

Jim Skeel

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Can these be mounted on the original plate?

11. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

No, they only fit an EZ-FILL base.

Jim Skeel

12. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

ShooterOne: My reservoirs will mount on any loader that has an EZ-FILL base.

Jim Miller: The reservoirs do not interfere with the counter. My machined aluminum base is the same thickness as the P/W black plastic base so your counter will mount to my base.

Jim Skeel

13. sle081

sle081 Member

0   0   0

I have a older 950 Elite that just has the standard fill set up with the long tubes, what is needed to make your parts work on this ?

14. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Roadking50, you need one of my bases (or any EZ-FILL base) and a set of my reservoirs. My base comes with everything you need and will accept my large or small reservoirs. Here is a link to the thread on my base.

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=219472

Email or PM me your shipping address and I will give you a price including the shipping.

Jim Skeel

15. neofight

neofight TS Member

0   0   0

Not fair!! You keep tempting me with all this eye candy, dagnabbit anyway : )

16. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

0   0   0

Just received mine last week, and They are really nice , quailty workmanship.Thanks Jim

Bob Roberts

17. philk

philk Member

0   0   0

Put mine on tonight,they look like a million bucks Jim. Very nice product.

18. Herman63

Herman63 Member

0   0   0

Do the tubes discolor over time?

Also do you give discount on multipe items?

Herman63

19. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Herman63,

The Acrylic plastic (Plexiglas) resists the nitrates in powder better than the other plastics (Lexan). The best thing you can do is to drain the powder reservoir if you are not planning to load again in the next day or two. Here is a picture of my six year old Hornady 366 reservoirs. There is very little darkening on the powder reservoir.
    [​IMG]

Jim Skeel

20. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Is this the hoppers with the base for 100 dollars?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jim skeel pw