1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S A.H.Fox K Grade 32

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jim Veta, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

K Grade 32" A.H.Fox. SBT. Rare gun. excellent wood. LOP 14.5. DAC 1.5. Case colors are very good at around 70%. Serial #400125 K. on the water table and bottom tang. The bore diameter is .735. The constriction is .690(.045 x-full). This gun is mechanically sound. The ejectors work really well and the gun is tight and lever to the right.
    I am pricing this K Grade at a little less than 70% per the Blue Book because: At some point in its life a bulge in the barrel was removed at about 10" below the muzzle. The barrel was cut and expertly re-attached. There is a extremely fine line that is visible to the naked eye but it is very slight. I have had this gun reviewed in the last few days by two seperate gunsmiths that both concur the gun was expertly worked on and this was the way to address a bulged barrel. The bulge is gone. The barrel length is 32". the bluing is excellent and this is a great buy for someone that wants this rare gun at a great price. I have this gun listed on Guns America. To see additional photos I have listed please enter item number 938764094 in the search box at www.gunsamerica.com You can also email me for pictures at jveta@aol.com or call me direct to ask questions. Cell phone # is 310-291-1784. Thanks and best regards. Jim Veta. The price is $3100.00.

2. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

3. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

4. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

5. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Nice gun, but just curious: How in the world were the two pieces of barrel re-attached to one another? Welded? Threaded? Glued? Yes, the fine line does appear in the photo on Gunsamerica as you noted; however, doesn't this repair relegate this gun to "wall hanger" status? Was this previously listed here a couple of weeks ago? Regards, Ed

7. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Old Goat,
    It is not a wall hanger.I have shot it many times. I would not be selling it if it was dangerous at all. I am told it could have been re-connected a couple of different ways. I am not a gunsmith but the two different, reputable smith's I talked to have encountered this sort of situation and remedied it the same way. It is a process used in this sort of circumstance. It is completely safe. The gun is a bargain at this price and that is why the price is 3100.00 instead of 5 or 6 thousand.

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

And the "same way" is what way? Oh, it's "the process used in this sort of circumstances". And what process would that be? I've seen this gun before at less money and passed on it. Too bad the owner didn't try some other means to repair a bulge if it wasn't too bad.

9. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have shot this gun. It works and shoots fine. However it has been repaired works. Give J. Veta a break, he has priced the gun fairly for its condition, either buy it or quit talking about it.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

10. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Have had many Deals with Jim Veta...Straight Shooter for Sure...Great Seller No Worries. Bart Reynolds

11. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

12. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

0   0   0

I bought a set of barrels from Jim that had a couple of bumps on them. He described them and priced them accordingly. He also gave me a full money back guarantee that I didn't have to use. You can take his word to the bank.

Jess R Rodriguez

13. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

To be fair, I have not seen a more detailed and honest description in a F/S post here. Everything is in writing, plain and clear. If you think the price is high, call him, if you're not interested, TRY not to open the thread next time. :)

BTW Jim, this forum is known for unwanted comments, too many experts (way too many), you'll have to get used to it.

14. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

15. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The price is about 1/2 what an original in good condition is worth, and there are less than 29 of them known to exist. Bill

17. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

18. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

19. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0