1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S 90T hall of fame,best 90t?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by GW22, Jul 20, 2013.

1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Nice wood and an excellent price, especially with the Spears. Better buy it, before I do.

-Gary

PS: Bore measurement is probably a typo.

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Are those the original side plates?

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

So....is it a .750 bore with a .032 constriction to .718 at the choke?

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Is the blueing original or has the gun been refinished?

Do you have documentation on the updates by the Gun Dr.?

5. 548

548 Guest

0   0   0

Modified fixed choke? Has it been opened or is the barrel unmolested?

6. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

robertb, Sir that is a VERY Nice 90T. If i was not broke i would buy it. GOOD Price with ALL the Updates. JMO Joe joe90t

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

These were the initial 90-Ts made. There were 50 of them, one for each state and serial numbered by the order in which the states entered the union. They were auctioned off at each state shoot via silent auction with the opening bid set at $3,300. They came in a special Americase with green lining and "ATA Hall of Fame 90-T" embroidered in the top lining in gold.

Many did not attract even an opening bid as the standard 90-T was not available yet and $3,300 seemed like a lot of money "for a Remington" in 1990. A local shooter placed the opening bid on South Carolina's gun just to get the bidding started and wound up owning it. Last I knew, it was a Manheim, Pennsylvania resident's daily "shooter."

They did have nicer, deeper gloss bluing than the standard 90-T so that could be original bluing. The original side plates bore the outline of the state they represented with some lettering - I can't recall what just now - inside the outline. All those HoF guns were built with fixed full chokes but someone could have massaged this one. It might be worth the seller's time to have it measured properly as a non-altered bore would make the gun more attractive to potential buyers. If I were interested in it, I would insist upon that before proceeding due to the gun's possible collector value if the original side plates could be located.

They were very nice guns and the wood on this one is better than the few other ones I've seen.

Ed

8. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Ed:

Did these guns have the heavy barrels like the early production 90-t's?

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The very early guns did have a larger barrel diameter, but the bores were also larger. a .750 is very well possible and the choke would be correct at .032-.033"

Not all of the guns were auctioned off. There were a handful that went back to Remington unsold. I do not recall which guns they were. While at Remington, the guns were disassembled and left that way until just prior to the sale of Remington in the late 90's. At that time, Remington allow their employee to purchase at a very, very low price, anything in the plants inventory. The remaining 90-T state guns were grabbed up, but no one paid attention to using the correct "state" parts. So many got mis-matched.

A few yers ago I received in the shop one of the original 12 90-T prototypes. I chased down the previous owners and found the the first owner purchased it from a Remington employee. This gun was not a gun made from castings but machince from billet. I hope that some day I can buy it.

Some of you may remember Remington making a black powder gun similar to the one in their logo? A couple of Remington employees told me they were purchasing that gun for $250 but were sold out when I asked them to snag one for me.

Doug

10. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all of the 90T knowledge........ I love this website.