1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F\S 870 Trap 1978!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ccw1911, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

sold.

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Nice 870, I saw one JUST LIKE IT on the AR15.com forum back around the 14th of this month. That guy let his go WAY too cheap.

AJ100

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

What you have, in my opinion, is a field receiver that has been made into a trap gun, but I don't think it's a factory Rem. trap. I have been collecting/shooting/selling Rems for 35 years and have yet to see a trap model that has not been stamped either TA, TB, or TC after the Model 870 stamp on the receiver. It does not in any way make it inferior, but it would be the first 870 Trap I have ever seen that was not stamped as such. Never the less, it's a fine looking gun.

4. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Ross, post or send me the serial number please. Drop the xx in the email.
    Thanks, Jim

5. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

I thought that the trigger assemblies also had a chrome loading gate on the 870 thap guns back in 1978 I have a couple that are chrome and also I do not see a mid bead on the barrel of the gun shown in the thread.

Duckeye

6. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Ross, according to Rems. records it is indeed a 870 factory trap in their microfiche. Whats odd is that they could not tell whether it's a TA, TB, or TC. My guess is TB as the TC's had the cut checkering and not pressed. Fine looking gun and I have sent you an email.

Duckeye, the chrome carriers were pre 1972. I have a 1969, and a 1971 model with the chrome carriers and a 1973 without. Excellent traps guns that will almost never wear out. Rudy Etchen (Mr. 870) sure liked them...lol.

Thanks Ross, I learned something today.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I have owned many 870 over the last 40 years.Remington made TAs that were NOT stamped. (All TBs and TCs WERE eith TB or TC stamped on the guns). When I bought my TA grade in early 1984 NIB, I called Remington because I saw no STAMP on it. Remington told they did not STAMP the letters TA on them.The receivers were identified ONLY by Serial numbers. Basiclly TAs were just 870s with center beads, better wood, and trap stocks on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.