1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S 870 Competition

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by trapman69, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

trapman69_2008_03036.jpg

trapman69_2008_03037.jpg

trapman69_2008_03038.jpg

For sale Remington 870 Competition with rem green hard case. Factory fixed full choke. These are known for there barrels. Has adj butt plate
    as can be seen this one is very very nice. $700 includes shipping and Ins.
    Email for more pics etc. First to commit gets gun. thanks Tom Reichert
    You can check me out on Gunbroker if you would like under same trapman69

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Tom, do you have bore and choke measurements? Also, was the stock shortened when the adjustable recoil pad was installed? Finally, does the plate against the wood fit as poorly as the photo makes it appear to?

Ed

3. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I will see about getting choke measurments for you. Any tips how to do this the right way? also Plate is not a pro job but not as bad as picture is making it look I will take another pic when I get home. Stock was not cut. Thanks Tom R I do offer three day no butts refund minus shipping .

4. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You'll need a bore micrometer to do it right. The old dime in the muzzle method doesn't tell you anything. A lot of the value in an 870 Competition is in the barrel - if it's been altered in any way, the gun becomes worth a lot less. Your three-day return period makes your gun more of a safe buy than if it was as-is.

Ed

5. 333t

333t Member

0   0   0

The barrels on these are factory overbored to about .745 and the choke at the muzzle will be around .705. A dime will just to into the barrel.

Phil

6. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You're right, Phil, but if someone has been inside the barrel and opened the bore up even more, knowing if a dime fits or not tells you nothing about the actual constriction.

Ed

7. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Up 1x going to Gunbroker tommorrow. Thanks Tom R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.