1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S 870 Competition

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I have for sale a nice shooting 870 competition. M/C stock, Timney steel pull trigger, Keensights add-on rib (I believe it is a Keen), Countercoil recoil reducer, and Seitz style porting. This is a very solid Comp and has nothing wrong with it. The barrel bore is untouched and measures .741" and has .035" restriction. The blueing is about 90% (mostly the trigger guard) and wood at about 95%.

$800.00 or What do you have to trade?

I have pictures available and can email them. I don't know how to post them though.

ec90t

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I just picked up a MINT 870 Comp from a gunshop that laughed when I asked to look at it and told me that it was a "gas operated single shot" and it was not good for anything. They did not know it was a single shot until after they had traded on it. (snicker)

After about 10 seconds of wrangling, I got the gun for $325 out the door. The dealer was happy, and so was I. (if ignorance is bliss, the dealer was ecstatic) ;^)

I managed to keep my poker face on until I got out of the shop. LOL

3. Shooting Coach

Dear FlaLagarto

Thanks for the offer, but I am going to stick in a release and use it as a backup while my '80 is in the shop for release triggers. After vowing to stay with pull triggers for the last few years, my "F'ing" has gotten so bad it is time to go release or go fishing.

I don't know what I will do about Bunker. Rules for it prohibit release triggers.

I borrowed a friend's release equipped '80 and it took ONE SHOT to figure out that I am a stubborn old fool for not swapping over a long time ago.

When you fight the 12 gauge for 50 years, IT ALWAYS WINS!

I could not believe the folks at the gunshop giving that gun away. I am just lucky a friend saw it and called me. Even a blind hog occasionally finds an acorn! ;^)

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jerry,

That's the only part of this gun I don't like. I believe it is seitz porting when it is a bunch of small holes. Much smaller than what a Browning has.

Coach,

I've got a Timney steel release for an 870!

ec90t

5. Shooting Coach

Dear 90

I have a Schwab on the way. I have heard good things about them, guess I will find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.