1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S 870 Competition 12ga 30" Full

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by fsquared51, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fsquared51

fsquared51 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

For Sale- 870 Competition 12ga 30" Full.These were only made by Remington for a few years and they are a Great Trap Gun .This one is in excellent condition
    which has not been altered. Price 650.00 plus shipping to your FFL
    or a face to face transaction in Texas.Pictures upon request!!!
    fsquared51@sbcglobal.net

2. Kingranch

Kingranch TS Member

0   0   0

F/S 870 Competition 12ga 30

Pics would be appreciated.
    KingRanch

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

None of the comp's had a M/C stock from the factory.

ss

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

ss is correct

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The comb on a Comp stock is higher than an 870 MC stock's.

Ed

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Parallel comb, and the longer forearm. Nice guns. Only made about 5500 I think.

Wayne

[​IMG]

7. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

0   0   0

Just received pics and I will buy if available. PM sent

8. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

0   0   0

Just an update

After talkin on the phone and Emails, I agrred to buy this item.

I asked for more pictures and was assured that if I had any problems with the gun, he would pay shipping both ways and refund if I was not satisfied.

I was put on delay with nics, and called him and told him that, so I would not be able to inspect it closely till I had said gun in my hands.

After recieving this gun I noticed that it was missing the retaining clip for the piston and the spring set up in the barell that holds the magazine cap from backing off. I called him about it, He told me that the retaining clip did not matter. I obtained a retaining clip anyways.

I shot it and it kicked worse than my 870 TB.

I called Tom and told him this and he stated: they all kick, try some lighter loads...

I then told him I will pay the shipping and then asked him-- will you take it back?

He promptly said no.

Just beware if you deal with Fsquared51 aka Tom Fiori.

According to the original post:

"For Sale- 870 Competition 12ga 30" Full.These were only made by Remington for a few years and they are a Great Trap Gun .This one is in excellent condition which has not been altered. Price 650.00 plus shipping to your FFL or a face to face transaction in Texas.Pictures upon request!!! fsquared51@sbcglobal.net "

The description did not say worn out, parts missing, or get bent if ya want a refund

I know it is buyer beware.

I just want to let other trapshooters know about him.

I will get this gun working, I just took the man on his word after talking to him and emailing him back and forth.

Kenny Uhlbeck

9. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bud, I assure you that 870 Competitions do NOT kick hard. I've had three and all of them felt like an 1100 to my shoulder. If the sliding weight that goes into the magazine tube cannot move freely, the gas ports in the barrel are clogged or the recoil spring is missing, broken or weak, they will kick exactly like a standard 870.

Here's something else to look at. The magazine cap has a floating insert in it that has a notch that must be aligned with the pin that retains the sliding weight in the barrel so it doesn't fall out when removing and handling the barrel. If you screw the cap on without aligning the pin and notch, the insert could bind on the pin, holding the weight in place and thus eliminating any recoil reduction.

By the way, there is an 870 Comp on GunBroker.com with a TB stock that hasn't drawn a bid through the course of three auctions. The guy wants $700 for it. To show you important originality is to the value of those guns and how rapidly that value is rising, that kind of money bought you a real nice 870 Comp six months ago but today, that guy can't attract a buyer because the gun isn't original. Conversely, later today I will be shipping an unaltered one with nicely-figured and freshly refinished wood to a buyer who didn't bat an eyelash at $825 shipped to him.

I also know of one in the Pittsburgh area with nice wood that supposedly has never even been put togther. The seller wants $1,000 for it and the day is coming when he'll get it.

Ed

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Less than a year ago I sold an 870 Comp that was as new ( may not have been fired) for $950

11. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

This fsquared51 guy sounds like a real piece of work. I wonder if the forum could put a post at the top alerting buyers to sellers like this?

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I happen to be looking for an 870 Comp. So if anyone knows of a good original gun for sale, please PM me.

13. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Shucks, a nice 870TC will bring $600 these days, especially with an extended forend and pistol grip.

Ed

14. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Budster, also make sure that the O-ring is not torn up so that it seals correctly. If you need some of the O-rings PM me your address and I'll send you some. Let's get you gun working right. Bob

15. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

0   0   0

If I ever win the "Grand" it will be with my "Comp"! Very little kick, mounts great and smokes targets at long range. What more could you ask for!

Harry

16. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the help on what to look at to fix my competition.

At least my barell was a good one and not hogged out or anything!!

I love the way it shoots and when I get the recoil system working properly, I will be on my way to the 27 yard line!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.