1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S 2 Colt Handguns Detective and Pocket Positive

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

0   0   0

Selling for a relative.

1st is a Colt Detective Special, 2" barrel, fully shrouded, Nickle plated, wood checkered grips, 38 Spc Ctg, Brauer Bros. leather holster with belt clip, Doskocil hard case. Great shape, no plating missing, light turn marks on cylinder, has a 3/4 inch mark on the grip, see in the pictures. $800.00 ?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=Handguns008.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=Handguns006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=Handguns005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2nd is a vintage Colt Pocket Positive, 32 Colt Ctg., 4" barrel, all original with hard rubber grips, has a chip on the bottom front of the left grip, last patent date July 4, 1905, in great shape for its age. Comes in a Ace Case soft pouch. $300.00 ?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=Handguns2001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I sourced prices for these off of GA and Gun Broker. Let me know if I'm out of line. I'll pay shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Jim W

2. MACH4RANDY

MACH4RANDY Member

0   0   0

I will take the positive.

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

0   0   0

Pocket Positive is sold to Randy? pending funds.

Thanks

Jim W

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

0   0   0

I just went by the description that was on other websites. "Fully shrouded" describes the shell removal rod. The early versions of this gun the rod was "exposed". I'd post a picture of 2 versions but that would probably cause more confusion?

Thanks

Jim W

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Wouldn't a gun with the Hammer not showing be hammerless or shaved hammer gun? I always thought the barrel shroud referred to the rod as the OP stated.

Nice guns by the way. I had a Colt Police Positive and traded it off on something i just had to have at the time. I regreted getting rid of that gun the moment i did it. Live and learn. Up for Jim.

Matt

6. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

0   0   0

There are barrel shrouds and there are hammer shrouds.

This has a barrel shroud.

The guns where the frame covers the hammer (rather than a separate shroud) - like a S&W Bodyguard - are also sometimes called "hammerless". Obviously a misnomer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.