1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

F/S 1982 MERCEDES 380SL FANTASTIC COND. F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Barry C. Roach, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

0   0   0

Good color for AZ. Assume the top comes off. What engine? Exhaust good?
  2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Nice condition.

Bring back a lots of memories, I had a silver one in the '80s, bought an elec. top lifter and a wheeled stand for the hard top, so I can put it on and off easier.

Good luck with your sale.
  3. mixer

mixer Active Member

0   0   0

I love the 80mph speedometer.

Eric
  4. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I recall the 380s were in more demand as collector items than the 500s. I love the old analog phone. Mke sure that stays with the car.
  5. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

0   0   0

As an aside, the method in determining the size of Mercedes engines is just put an imaginary dot betweent the first two numbers of the model number.

380 = 3.8 liter engine

450 = 4.5 " "

500 = 5.0 " "

600 - 6.0 " "

The german who taught me this equation said in Germany the people who have the higher end mercedes sometimes buy a lower model number badge and rebadge their cars to deter theft.

This particular 380 is in very good shape per the pictures.

Good luck in selling it.
  6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

That DOT trick has not worked in a few years and only intermittently through history.
  7. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

0   0   0

Have a son starting college in the fall.

If I bought him this car to drive to school, would it protect him from wild women ?

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

0   0   0

Take it to Barrett-Jackson. They got $36,300 for one with 30,000 miles last year.
  9. little gambler

little gambler Member

0   0   0

"I think I've got an answer for you. Bad news is he'd get more girls than he ever hoped for. Good news is they'd all be 55 or older. Young women just don't appreciate the classics (like us) anymore."

Mike Mann

A classic Mann response..... I'll be laughing at this while on my tractor for the next few days....... Thanks!! l.g.
  10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

0   0   0

If you have a CarFax report on the car it would reassure a prospective buyer he is not buying a resurrected wreck.
  11. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

I was a MB tech back in he day. 380's came with a single row timing chain. They HAD to be converted to a 2 row timing chain. I may have done the first one back then and many others at a MB dealership. make sure it's a 2 row or it will break.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.