1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S 1972 Datsun 240 Z

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by fly, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

For Sale, Datsun 240 Z, low miles, no rust, no repairs. I was asked to help sell this for a friend that passed away recently. I'm working on getting photos, and will post them as soon as possible.

2. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

0   0   0

wow, that could be fun, where are you located????

d

3. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

0   0   0

I can't wait to see it. I like "Z" cars. I used to have a 1978 280. In what state is this car located? Please post pics soon.

Hit 'em hard,

John

4. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sheboygan, Wisconsin

5. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

6. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

19,600 original miles.

7. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

$12,000 or best offer.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the memories there Fly. When I turned 16 my father was going through his mid life crises and had bought the 260-Z. I can honestly tell you they will do at least 100mph. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It looks to be an automatic transmission car it that correct ??

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That car is in fantastic condition. They were a lot of fun to drive. Mine was rusted away and beat up by 1978. The Chicago road salt and a foolish young man driving the wheels off of it caused it's early demise.

11. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

0   0   0

I had a '76 280. A lovely car that I should have kept. I had darn near a quarter million miles on it, with about $500 in unscheduled repairs over 13 years. The 280 would go at least 110, but the front end started to feel a little light and I lost my nerve. I gave it away to a friend who'd fallen on hard times. I'd fallen in love with a new Porsche 944, which only betrayed my love and laughed at me as it stomped on my heart. Bitter, me?

12. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It will not take much for me to cut a cashier's check for that car. With those miles and it being all original.....WOW!!!!

13. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Now where are those pics of mine? I had a '78 280Z, light blue metallic, black interior, 5 speed, fuel injected. It moved. Still have the original shift knob around somewhere. Babied that car for the few years we owned it. My wife even learned how to drive a 'stick' in it - in Pittsburgh, no less - all those hills and stoplights!!! Sold it to a young guy who worked at PNC Bank. My first real sports car. My buddy had a silver 280Z and we used to spend weekends detailing them. My wife never lets me forget how we drove it from Pittsburgh to Chicago and back to visit her family one Christmas. Not much room for comfort, but fun to crank up and cruise. Ah, memories.

Beautiful 240Z. Only ones I ever saw were rusted all to H+++.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

14. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

a 240Z is much cooler than a 260 or 280....completely different cars. new ones were $4,000. loved 'em.

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I bought mine brand new for less than 4000.

Ric in Mt

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Old one eye, you are correct!!! It is a automatic. See the little lever on center console opposite the hand brake on the drivers side. That is the manual choke for starting in cold weather if my memory is still working. She sure is very clean as well. Break-em all. Jeff

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Prices for these cars are all over the board. The auto transmission is less desirable. Your pics make the car look nice and it may be worth the asking price or more if there is no rust fixes. These cars were notorious for rusting out. Sheboygan is not AZ and if winter driven there may have been rust. Heck I remember guys fixing rust right off the boat on them. Not a problem though, just part of the car's history. I had to have mine reclad all around the bottom at about 30,000 miles.

Good color. Mileage is great. Need more history. Kind of a car fax thing please. May be interested. If already sold - congrats! If not, I may come up to inspect after the MO State Shoot. (week of May 16th. Please PM me if you sell b4 that or email me. Many thanks. Barry.

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If memory serves mine was a 76 280Z 5 speed silver over blk interior. I loved that car and repalced the fenders (front) the doors the hatch and the rea quarters (rust) ate em up. only thing that I didn't do was the hood and the roof.

19. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Most were 4 speed so I would say an automatic is rarer. I would rather have an auto. Does this one have airconditioning?

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

See....if you guys would have bought American, we wouldn't be in trouble.

It's all your fault and it's been downhill ever since.

Curt

P.S. Wishing I still had my lime green Yugo!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.