1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

F-150 bed cover....Any Pros/Cons ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I have a F-150 2007 and an F-150 1999 before that, both with Access covers. They are great!
    Doug Allison

2. buster45

buster45 Active Member

I have owned several different types,roll up fold up and solid.I have always bought top of the line covers.The only ones that I have found that don't leak are solid.All of the roll ups and folding ones leaked at tail gate area as well as some other places in extreme conditions.

Buster

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

My Access covers have never leaked. The new model I bought in the spring for my 2007 F150 has an even larger flap of material to keep out the weather on the tailgate. I have run my 1999 F150 through many high pressure car washes with NO leaks. For me, the ability to roll up the unit to get it out of my way far exceeds the one in a million times that it might leak over a solid unit that is always getting in my way loading cargo. I had both of mine installed by pros which I think makes a difference at the above.
    Doug Allison

4. Billetproof

Billetproof Active Member

I've always had solids but my buddy has had the same truxedo vinyl cover on three trucks with no issues. My next truck will have one for sure.

5. Kimball

Kimball TS Member

I have had hard fiberglass covers and the bakflip is the BEST I have found. I have had the fold up, but the new roll up looks even more interesting.

http://bakfactorydirect.com/?gclid=CLLrtr--8LICFQs3nAodWhUA7g

6. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I have the Ford factory folding soft tonneau cover on a 2012 short bed, and I also had it on a 2010. It's over two years old, and works and looks great. It flips and latches two sections open, or comes off the bed easy if I want access to the bed. It's lightweight and easy to remove. It gets a little water in if driving in the rain. Mine lost a couple corner foam pieces, and I haven't replaced them yet. That is the reason for some of the water I'm sure, and maybe also at the tailgate corners. I had a similar Ford tonneau before that on my 07, though it had snaps. I prefer the look of these covers way more than any other cover, and that's my reason for buying one. The truck's plastic rail along the bed dips down slightly more than the steel, so the cover's bracket grabs and slightly mars on that before settling on the metal. You might have to adjust the bracket tighter after use so the cover doesn't shift around from wind. Not a big deal, but if it shifts it may also create a gap where it might leak. Easy to fix. I would buy one again. The price is around $475, but I bought it at dealer cost when I bought my 2010. When I was rear-ended last May causing $10,500.00 damage to my truck, the cover was not damaged. I traded that truck on a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.