1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eyes (One or Two) and Crossfiring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by macgyver, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macgyver

macgyver TS Member

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/nwongarts.html#eyeguide
    I shoot many types of disciplines and ran across the aforementioned site long ago wherein a doctor discusses many things about vision and shooting. I thought it might be of interest. I have severe cross-firing as a right eye dominant/right hand shooter and I've tried many things like others before me. One of the things I have found some success with is "Cling Vinyl" that you can get from Michael's Arts and Crafts stores or via www.grafixarts.com. This stuff comes in packs of 9 sheets with 9 colors. You can cut the stuff to any size and shape, peel off the back and stick it wherever (no glue). I've discovered certain size rectangles in a particular location eliminate the cross-fire and still provide enough visibility and light to the pupil to keep good deep of field. I was interested in whether or not anyone has ever experimented with setting up on the house with two possible points from the 5 posts-one to the left of center and one to the right of center and then attempt to maintain the same plane as the bird coming out of the house. Working from the center of the house outward helps stop some of the cross-firing. Closing the one eye all the time puts a strain on the eyes and focusing abilities. You can see some of the effects in the eyeguide above.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

post us a pictue of a representative "triangle" on your lense. I canno tpicture it.

Or sen me the pic fo rposting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.