1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eyeballing the barrel.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by railman, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. railman

railman Member

I have a really bad problem of seeing the barrel when I fire at a bird. For the most part every bird I miss I am looking at the bar ell, not the bird. I understand about concentrate on the bird. I just cannot help picking up the barrel. any good suggestions?

2. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

Try moving your eyes to the target first then moving the barrel to your eyes. Practice will tell you the correct sight picture. good luck.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Take off the front glow sight. :) Mark

4. redfin

redfin TS Member

i took the middle bead off, helped alot,along with a white front bead,no orange beads! joseph

5. archangel

archangel Member

Paint em flat black. Some folks I know set up by the feel of the comb on their cheek and not by looking at the beads. Mike

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Do you or have you ever hunted??? If so I'm betting you never saw beads--bbl or anything but that pheasant--grouse--duck--etc. just think--act--look, like you're hunting that pheasant--duck then you won't see anything except that clay tgt. Start your gun move where you see a bird (not a streak) just like hunting. Think head shots--saves meat and your dentures GRIN. Ross Puls

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I suppose not everyone agrees. After all Harlan Campbell uses a fiber optic bead and I don't think anyone here beats him often!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.