1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eye Rib Alignment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bassetguy, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassetguy

bassetguy TS Member

Just purchased Ljutic model 73. I find myself having to slightly cant the gun to get perfect eye-rib alignment Question - would having a adjustable comb installed be more or less helpful than a adjustable butt pad? Oddly enough - this gun appears to have a lower comb that my other trap gun but this "straight" combed ljutic seems hit my cheek bone much like my Monte Carlo stocked Daly. Thoughts comments? The Ljutic appears to have the original curved recoil pad - Bassetguy

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

My first choice would be a new fitted to me stock! Next would be both adjustable comb and adjustable pad. It has to fit to hit.

Hap

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

First, the adjustable comb. Then the adjustable pad. You'll figure it out.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would suggest either an adjustable comb on your gun or an adjustable cheek on your face.

Pat Ireland

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If after canting the gun a little, are you breaking the targets, and is the gun comfortable to shoot? If the answer to these questions is yes, then I would leave it alone. HMB

6. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Easy/Cheap Test

Loosen the stock bolt ; wedge a wooden match stick between the left side of the receiver and the stock . Tighten .

Eye alighned ? if yes , shoot and see results . If better , the adjustable comb will work as will adjustments to the stock .

Charlie

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

I like Pat's adjustable cheek idea. Just put on a few pounds, well, maybe more than a few, and see what change you get. You might just be on to something here.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to get proper eye allignment with rib on trap gun