1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

eye question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ragman, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragman

ragman TS Member

some shoters use the magic dot or scotch tape on there glasses.Others just close one eye.Does one have an advantage over the other.To me they both seem to accomplish the same thing which is shooting with one eye.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Magic dot, tape, or sight blinder will let you keep your depth perception, and get a better lock on the target.

One eye makes for a flat world, and more difficulty.

HM

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Closing one eye can cause some muscle fatigue, but it does work for some. I find tape to be less work than closing one eye.

HM- what would be the difference in depth perception between closing one eye and blocking the light into that eye with tape?

I have questions about depth perception requiring two eyes. I can look at a flat picture with one or two eyes, and perceive depth. I can look out my window with one eye covered and still perceive depth. I think depth is more a matter of the size scale we see things rather than the difference in the angle of the light rays coming into two eyes.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.