1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EYE DOMINANCE PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I had a phone call with Phil Kiner this evening about my Son's shooting and he was telling me about his cross shooting problem he says he sounds just like my Son's problem. I am going to take him and get him tested ( We are going to get to the bottom of this problem). I would like to here from you about some Eye dominance shooting problems

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Phil Kiner is the expert on crossfiring, listen to his advice and read the article he wrote for Trap & Field.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cross dominance is not uncommon. I am right handed and have a dominant left eye. There are several ways to determine which eye is dominant. All of these can be done at home.

A real problem arises now with a right handed shooter who has a right dominant eye. Sometimes, for no understood reason, the left eye takes over for one target. Usually this will be on left hand targets. When this happens, the shooter not only misses the target, he misses it by 8-10 feet. It is important that eye dominance is very rarely 100% dominance. It is like being right/left handed. I am right handed but I do several things left handed.

A sight blocker on the lens or the barrel is about all we can do with this situation.

Phil has studied this phenomenon more than most. One rare situation that has never come up in these discussion is co-dominance.

Pat Ireland

4. idoc

idoc Member

Pat,

Check this out......Rich

Copy and paste http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WH5-45V24P0-8&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=ad1f865ed5ae264d713ca9ef8f998b4d.

The second to last sentence is the important one. Have had success with co-dominance using a neutral density filter (grey lens) over one eye........Rich

5. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

you could also contact Vick Keen at keensights, they make an add on rib that will fix this problem. Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.